This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More stupid questions!

(since the last stupid questions megathread got closed)

I have had a few stupid questions from people at my new store. Thankfully these aren't as brain-numbing as my old store.

(from my old store)

Where are your tissues? (she had to be shown where they were after asking us THREE TIMES-and that included my supervisor)

(from my new store)

Do you have a liquor store? (there is always signage clearly displayed)

Do you sell bus tickets? (we're a supermarket, not a newsagent-these folks have been friendly about it though)

Where are your packets of cheese? (she didn't say if it was Parmesan or not, which IS understandable)

Do you sell thongs? (the feet type, not the underwear type-we don't sell the former, but we do sell the latter, so not nearly as stupid.)

Where are your eggs? (this one is also somewhat understandable as we used to keep our eggs down one of the aisles, now they're over in produce)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Working in the pub as I did a few years ago... at least 3 times a weekend I got the best question ever.... Excuse me, do you know where the toilets are?

Got to the point my standard answer was "No, but if you ever find them let me know.. I'm bursting"
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

"Can I get some quarters for the air machine?" (We didn't have an air machine at that store...)

"Well why does the gas handle pump by itself if I have to stay with it the whole time?" (I don't make your nozzle, ask the idiot that put braille on the drive up ATM, maybe he knows.)

"Can you make me a sandwich?" (I'm behind the register, not the Deli.)

"Is that your bathroom back there with the code lock? It's really not customer friendly to have a code lock on the bathroom!" (Wut?)

At my new job:

"Do you know where Bard St. is?" (Back the way you came...) "Just a few roads down?" (Actually quite further than a few...)

"Where do you work?" (I'm standing right in front of it...)

"What's your name?" (You smell like whiskey.)

"You must get paid a lot to stand out in this cold huh?" (No more than a normal wage slave I'm afraid.)

"Are you dancing for fun or are you trying to keep warm?" (Yes.)

Comment

Fortunately, I don't get too many stupid questions, but this one does pop up quite a bit:

"I don't have a handicapped sticker, but can I still park in the handicapped parking spots?" (Sure, that'll be a $450 ticket, enjoy your parking space!)
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Just got a new one today:

"Are you closing?"

I mean, WTF? Usually when I'm there waiting for the SC and nobody is in line, he/she might ask if I'm open, despite the fact that I'm standing there and the light is on.

This time, however, not only am I standing there and the light is on, but there are other customers in line!

This puzzlement probably has something to do with the fact that our store has lost most of its "Closed" signs at the registers. (Where did they go? And who else in the store would need them? Apart from the Coinstar machine, the service desk and-- MAYBE-- the camera counter.) But come on! I left the light on!
          Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Working...
          X