This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The phone

Firstly i'll say hey . First post here but I love reading this forum always gives me a wee chuckle.

I work for one of the largest retailers in the UK begins with a W. I am employed within this firm as a CSA (Customer Service Assistant) my duties are simple operate a till and direct customers to products. Anyway to the story. I was asked to cover a section (our largest Home and Living) and part of this duty is to answer the phones and deal with any stock questions customers have. So i answered a phone and here is the dialogue:

Me: "Good afternoon [company name] Home and Living [my name] speaking how can I help you?
    SC: "I wish to know if you have any nest table sin stock."
    Me: "If you bare with me a second sir I can check for you. I do not normally work this section so do not know off by hand. I wont be a moment though.
    SC: "What do you mean don't work this section? Why the [insert random profanities here] do you not know?
    Me: As I am employed as a cashier. The scope of my traiing has been how to put stock out and operate a till. I am also trained in doing certain till superviser duties. none of which involve dealing with this section.
    SC: "Son i've tried getting through to you 8 times today I couldn't get through. You can go take a flying ';[] to yourself.
    Me: Sir could you please not swear. Also I have just performed a computer search we do not have any nests of tables in stock currently. However, we recieve deliveries everyday so if you just check with us every other day we will get them back. Or you could come into store and order them in for yourself.
    SC: What do you mean none in stock? How could you not have any in stock? I've tried everywhere and nowhere has them. So surely you would ahve them. You are bloody useless.
    Me: Sir I do apologise however I do not control delivery. Would you like any other help?
    SC: Yes tell me your address so I can come and insert these nests of tables up your anus! And give me your name so I can complain about you.
    Me: Sir if you do not stop swearing and threatening me over the phone I will terminate this call. And my name is [insert name].

Needless to say a complaint was not formalised. I just need to know the logic of because nowhere else has it we will! Or how he thinks I can get him anything?

Yes obviously if no other place has them then that means that you must be hoarding ALL of them

Comment

Quoth C-130 View Post
      I work for one of the largest retailers in the UK begins with a W.
      Wainsbury's ?
      Wesco?

Welcome to
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

We are the UKs largest by revenue I believe family owned business. We informally have ourselves known as wilkos or wilkys.

Comment

Yes, you've just been SC'd. My deepest apologies for having to deal with that monkey on a phone (but at least you could hang up on him . . .) and welcome to the boards.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
          X