X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the Killer tax refund SCs!

Oh yay!

They're back with their wads of cash and their H&R Block debit cards!

Let's tally up the suck:

- No I don't know why your refund debit card declined, perhaps because you've been spending like mad and have no idea how much is left on it?

- NO, I won't call the number on it to find out for you.

- I have no small bills left in my drawer. The last three customers paid with $100s, I cannot break yours. Bitching at me will not help, I do not have the ability to magically conjure more money into my drawer.

- We have no PS3s or Wiis. You are not the only person who got a tax return, other customers have beaten you to these products and there is a nationwide shortage of them. No I don't know if Wal-mart has any! They're right down the road, why not go and find out for yourself?

- You insisted on paying with a $100, I warned my drawer was low. DO NOT bitch when I have to give you $5 in quarters as a result of that!

- I'm not blind jackass, I can see the pile of $20s in your stash there. So why oh why do you then pay with a $100?

- If you want to tell your homies how much cash you got back from the gubmint, please do NOT do it while I am checking you out.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

I feel for you...Its only the beginning!

Comment

If I were you I'd be eternally grateful to the US Treasury for getting rid of $500 and $1,000 dollar bills. Because there's no doubt in my mind that these fuckheads would be flooding you with them and expecting you to break them no matter what.

Comment

After informing a guest I couldn't break his $100 bill, he screamed at me "WHAT KIND OF PLACE IS THIS?!?!"

I looked him in dead in the eye and said. "I can tell you what it isn't. It's not a bank." (That only pissed him off even more. )

Sorry, I lack a magical till that produces small bills on demand. Try the bank across the street.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Wow, people are gettng their taxes finished and refunds in already? Maybe I'm just slow. lol
          Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
            Wow, people are gettng their taxes finished and refunds in already? Maybe I'm just slow. lol
            I think it's recession related. People want their money NOW. Plus I know H&R Block has some deal where they will basically give you an advance on your tax refund check (minus a fee of course) so you don't need to wait for your money to actually show up in the mail or in your bank account, you can get it same day.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
              I think it's recession related. People want their money NOW. Plus I know H&R Block has some deal where they will basically give you an advance on your tax refund check (minus a fee of course) so you don't need to wait for your money to actually show up in the mail or in your bank account, you can get it same day.
              But they charge you something along the lines of 30% interest for that service. I did my taxes the Friday before last and got my refund last Friday.

Comment

I did my taxes online through the Turbo Tax Freedom edition 2 weeks ago (Wednesday) and got my money back on the following Thursday, but I do it every year. As soon as I get my W-2 I get cracking so I can get the money back and pay off a chunk of Christmas debt.

Comment

I did my taxes LAST monday, and its been direct deposited TODAY!!! Im usually more excited but my refund is significantly lower this year and I have bills to pay..../sigh.

I wont be plaguing any stores with $100 dollar bills anytime soon.

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, the cost of the tax software is deductible, too, if you itemize.
                    Last edited by EricKei; 02-02-2010, 11:38 PM. Reason: nah, better not
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

You are not mistaken
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I got my $14 federal refund last Friday. $14. *sigh*

However, I am getting $591 back from the state and I should get that on Friday this week. That money is going toward travel/hotel for ACen meetings this year... and getting a chance to see my chicago friends!
                        "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth computeraide View Post
                          I did my taxes online through the Turbo Tax Freedom edition 2 weeks ago (Wednesday) and got my money back on the following Thursday, but I do it every year. As soon as I get my W-2 I get cracking so I can get the money back and pay off a chunk of Christmas debt.
                          I do that too, I get my W-2 and file that first weekend, and usually get my money around Valentines day.

I was hoping to be one of the many consumers out buying cool stuff with my cash but alas it looks like I have to use it to pay for a move to another apartment instead...
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I'm waiting for a copy of my HUD from my title company, then I can send mine in and get my housing rebate. For some demented reason, the only HUD I have only has my signature on it, not my title company's as well.

Bleh. I want to file naooooooooowwwwww!
                            My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

I too had to wait for my HUD and after waiting a week to get it find out that you cant file online with a HUD, it has to be mailed in. . . I get why, but like millions of others I want my money now!
                              S-N-O-W is a dirty four letter word!

Comment

Working...
                              X