X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Fun...

..plus "My boss is awesome"

I now work in a guard shack at a major grocers local distribution center. Most of my job is telling truckers where to off load and monitoring security systems.

Now, I know voices sometimes can be hard to understand over a CB, and the message it relays can be misinterpreted. As such, whenever I give someone their dock number over a CB, I say "Sixty-three, say again six three" Until today, I've had no issue with this. In fact most of the guys say they prefer this. Well....

This morning, I relayed a dock number "11." I did my usual and got a confirmation. 30 minutes later my boss and I are talking when he notices one of the trucks blocked a dock and was walking to the shack. He comes in and says, "Man, I can't find the dock! What did you say? I heard 1-0-1!"
    I stood agape for a second and showed him where to go. When he left, my boss and I laughed. We couldn't help it.

BONUS!

My boss and I were talking in the shack and we noticed a guy parked in our fire lane. I was about to take care of it when he said "I got this". He walks outside and I see him talking. The guy rolls his eyes. My boss says something else. The driver get angry. My boss points to the nearest pad and walks in. The driver pulls off.
    "That guy's an ass. Watch." Sure enough, the driver storms in, "What the hell? You going to come out and act like a two year old? What the fu-"
    BOSS: "Outside...."

They step out and I see the guy get animated and my boss just stands like a stone. He says something I can't hear but the guy calms down. They come back in and he's as quiet as can be. He goes off and my boss glares after him. He gets on the phone to the dock manager telling him to watch that guy. He shakes his head.

I know we worry about having spineless managers here. I don't think I have to worry about that
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

What did your boss say that calmed him? I must know!
    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

I don't know. My boss talks quietly (especially when he's angry) and he was outside. My guess is he told the driver that if he didn't shut up, he was to leave and not get paid.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
      X