X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be-tween a rock and a hard place

Or 'Your insurance doesn't cover stupidity.'

I had just got finished inspecting a wrecked vehicle so we could send in an estimate to in insurance company when the owner of the vehicle came in to get some things out of it. I was pointing out the damage to him and telling that the car could be repaired it's just a matter of the insurance company giving the go-ahead, when for some reason he decided to confide in me.

See, he was drunk, 'falling down shit-faced, puke on your crotch and taste it drunk' (colorful!). He decided that given his condition and the fact he was at the bar that he should call someone.

'Smart move,' I thought to myself.

He continued with, "I couldn't find anyone else, so I called my daughter. She's only thirteen, but she's driven me home before. (!!!)"

"Are you telling me your daughter was driving your car when it was wrecked?" I asked, trying my best to keep the shock out of my voice.

"Yeah. She's real mature for her age."

'That sounds a little creepy,' the voices in my head pointed out.

"What did you tell the cops?" I asked.

"We didn't call the cops. I just drove us the rest of the way home. (!!!)"

At this point I decided it would be best if I turned the conversation back to his car. But that left me with the choice of informing the insurance adjuster or not. I decided to tell my boss and let him decide.

The car ended up being hauled off.

It's sad that he did that to his kid and even worse that she has to see him that way! Poor kid. A covert call to child services might be in order...
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Talk about stoooopid.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Talk about dangerous. That boy in a man's body shouldn't be allowed anywhere near his kid again.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

That kid is lucky as hell her dad is a stupid drunk and not an angry drunk.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
          X