This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you need a cart that bad?

Today one of our dairy guys was stocking product out off a U-Boat. We usually flatten the empty boxes in a shopping cart and then at the end of the shift or when it is full, brign it back to be properly disposed of. It is near the end of CW's shift. They take a empty u-boat back and go get the last few items to stock. As they round the corner they see a SC taking a all the cardboard out of the cart and dumping it on the floor.

CW: <watching>
    SC: Im' taking this damn cart, im too lazy to get one up front.
    CW: .....
    SC: Clean this mess you made up <points to cardboard all over the floor> oh year, put this away also <tosses hand basket toward CW and walks off>
    CW: .......

I would have beat them to death with the hand basket. That would be the hand basket that sc would be going to hell in.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      Well, if nothing else the SC was honest.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Isn't it amazing how some people believe the sole reason why we are on this earth is to kowtow to their every whim and tolerate it ? I admire your co-worker's restraint. I don't think I would have been so kind.
        Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Oooh I had people do this to me when I worked in seasonal over Christmas. They'd take the stuff and out it on top of boxes or throw it on the floor.

One woman saw me putting stuff in the cart. There was a fair amount of small stuff in the bottom, and I was JUST putting a large box of something or other in it, and she comes over and asks me if she can take the cart. Sure, go ahead, I wasn't using it or anything.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            Today one of our dairy guys was stocking product out off a U-Boat. We usually flatten the empty boxes in a shopping cart and then at the end of the shift or when it is full, brign it back to be properly disposed of. It is near the end of CW's shift. They take a empty u-boat back and go get the last few items to stock. As they round the corner they see a SC taking a all the cardboard out of the cart and dumping it on the floor.

CW: <watching>
            CW: .....
            SC: Clean this mess you made up <points to cardboard all over the floor> oh year, put this away also <tosses hand basket toward CW and walks off>
            CW: .......
            At that point, I would have commanded the U-boat to fire all torpedoes and sink this ass.
            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
              At that point, I would have commanded the U-boat to fire all torpedoes and sink this ass.
              *assumes the traditional Very Fake German Nazi Accent*

Ja! Alarm! Armen zer torpedo tuben! Feuer frei!

*ka-boom*
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

This happened to me in my old store. I told her "That isn't a cart, please return it from where you got it and get a cart." She complained to the manager, saying I was mean and racist by telling her that, and the manager was all like "Who, him? Never!" and she stormed out.

Awesome.

Comment

See, I had the opposite happen to me. I went to WalMart and figured out a few minutes in that I needed a cart. Swung by the registers on the way out and look, a cart! Two items in it, blocking an aisle, no one in sight. I figure some idiot customer just left it sitting there, so I nudge the two items into one corner so I can remember to give them to a cashier later. Out of nowhere this harpy zooms down.

H-Harpy
                  Me-duh

H: Hun, what are you doing? You need a cart? (Note: Loathe being called hun, especially when it's not a sincere term of endearment).
                  Me: ? Um...yes?
                  H: *yanks stuff out of my cart, copping MajorAttitude + Tone squared, the sort you get from teenagers* Well, that's just fine. I was using that for returns, but
                  Me: I-I'm sorry--
                  H: Oh, no, I wasn't using it. I'll just get ANOTHER ONE. *slams items down on a counter, stalks off*

I'm sure this problem could have been solved had I been calm and able to say "I'm sorry, I thought someone left it here and I wanted it out of your hair." However, I'd learned that my uncle had serious cancer just two or three hours earlier AND another aunt had actually died, so that condescending attitude was the last straw. I ended up just taking the cart, running off into the fabric section, and crying for the next half hour.

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                    Great, now I have Spinal Tap running through my head...
                    Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

And Now I have sound Clips from Silent Hunter 3 Rebounding through mine.

It's bad when I can hear ASDIC pinging based on Proximity to other people.

Comment

Working...
                      X