This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault and Robbery

Fortunately, not at my location, but still one of our (unwelcome) guests.

I posted this first bit somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look it up. A while back, a guest, who for the purposes of this post we'll call "Jason," stayed in our room. He had "borrowed" a "friend's" car and had failed to return it. His buddy had come to retrieve the car. After about two hours, Jason finally came down to return the keys.

Now, the update. Ever since then, for the past few weeks, the cops have been searching for this guy. The police came in 1-2 times a week to check if he'd been here.

Last night, we had several noise complaints from a room. Night Auditor told all the unregistered guests to get out of the room. The guest basically told him to f*** off, so the police were called. They kicked everyone out of the room, including our buddy Jason (not a registered guest).

Not 45 minutes after he was evicted from our property, Jason headed up the street to another motel, broke into a room, beat the living hell out of the guest, and stole his belongings. Fortunately, the police who responded to that incident recognized an article of clothing left in the room that Jason had been wearing when they kicked him off our property. They arrested him at a third motel where they knew he'd been staying.

Not sure why the police have been looking for him all this time, but whatever they have on him, I'm sure combined with assault and robbery charges will hopefully be enough to get this guy off the streets and put him away for a while.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Actually assault is intending to cause unlawful contact, battery is the unlawful contact. In this case it would be aggravated robbery since he used physical violence during the theft in the second hotel. Not to mention lots of trespassing charges and car theft among whatever other reasons which had the police looking for him.

If you're lucky he'll be staying at the grey hotel for quite a while.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I'm a little confused - were they looking for Jason or his "friend"? Because it seems like they could've picked up Jason when they kicked him and others out of the hotel for the noise complaints.

Good riddance to crappy customers, though, in any event.

Comment

Quoth slavetotheman View Post
        I'm a little confused - were they looking for Jason or his "friend"? Because it seems like they could've picked up Jason when they kicked him and others out of the hotel for the noise complaints.

Good riddance to crappy customers, though, in any event.
        They may have already gotten him. When housekeeping cleaned the room, apparently they found some paperwork for Jason regarding his upcoming date in court. Looks like he'll have more court dates soon to come...

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
        Actually assault is intending to cause unlawful contact, battery is the unlawful contact. In this case it would be aggravated robbery since he used physical violence during the theft in the second hotel. Not to mention lots of trespassing charges and car theft among whatever other reasons which had the police looking for him.

If you're lucky he'll be staying at the grey hotel for quite a while.
        Thanks for the clarification.
        Last edited by Broomjockey; 02-04-2010, 08:47 PM. Reason: consecutive posts
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
        X