X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time-Suck SC

Named so because of...well, you'll see.

So I'm doing my job at Mal-mart, which was under assault by people who heard nasty rumors about a snowfall over 2 feet, somewhere around 30 inches. Lines are massive and there is only one CSM on duty at this time.

So a woman comes up, pays for one order with foodstamps, and starts ringing up her next order, which includes a thing for your young infant that you place over it, like a mobile...only it's half-an-oval shaped.

It rings in at $35.

"That's supposed to be $20!!!!"

We spend about ten minutes waiting for the sole CSM to show up. So SC decides she'll go get do the price-check herself.

Customers behind her want to know if they can go ahead, but since SC took her buggy with her--I'd need, bingo, the sole CSM who is nowhere in sight to approve the aborted transaction. So we just wait. For another five minutes until SC comes back.

"Thanks for holding the line up!" the customer behind her said. By now a customer behind this gem (honestly, she made my sucky day less sucky) had given up and left her items there.

"I got the wrong one," she said, after telling the customer behind her to shut up. Oh, I think it's over now.

Nope.

I ring that item up and the next one. The next item rings up somewhere in the $20 range, and she says, "But it's supposed to be [in the $10 range, she pissed me off so much by this point I can't remember]!"

So we wait another five minutes or so for her to check it. When she returns she buys it and leaves.

So that was AT LEAST half an hour on one SC.

Also, morons in management...seriously. One CSM? On a day like that where we are absolutely slammed?
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

I'm sorry to hear that your soulless corporate suits didn't think to open up the payroll purse strings to allow for more coverage the day before the Snowpocalypse.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Snowpocalypse? They're now calling it Snowmaggedon!

As for the Mal-Mart. They never have enough of anybody at the front of the store anyways.

This didn't take place in Prince William County, did it?

Comment

Yeah, I've heard the "Snowmageddon" ones. I still prefer my own name for this snowstorm.

That or this could very well be another part of the Fimbulvetr.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Snowmageddon all around. It's ridiculous.

Thankfully, I may get out of work today...because of the snow and the fact we've had four major accidents. But I'm waiting and seeing....

I think it was a combo platter of:

1. Snowmageddon
          2. Food stamp people (it's near the first of the month)
          3. Old people (it was the third of the month when they all get their checks)

Needless to say it was...exhausting.

And no, this is near Campbell County. (Can't tell you the specifics, or that'd identify me. Don't need to be fired...)
          My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Sorry to hear that!

IT's still snowing up in PWC. *le sigh*

Make it go away!

And I'm pretty sure I've seen people driving in it since waking up, but then again, I could be hallucinating.

As soon as the snow started, I called hubs and told him to come home! Can you believe he went to the big bullseye store?

But he got home safe and sound.

Hope you are/were able to leave early for work!

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
              Also, morons in management...seriously. One CSM? On a day like that where we are absolutely slammed?
              At the movies its the same way. They're always cutting people and trying to get by with as few people as they can. And why? Maybe so cooperate managers get to spend less on payroll, thereby allowing them to give themselves bigger bonuses for saving the company money on labor. Fucking cheapskates.

Comment

can't you just suspend the sale?

Quoth Tama View Post
                pays for one order with foodstamps, and starts ringing up her next order, which includes a thing for your young infant that you place over it, like a mobile...only it's half-an-oval shaped.
                "That's supposed to be $20!!!!"
                We spend about ten minutes waiting for the sole CSM to show up. So SC decides she'll go get do the price-check herself.
                Customers behind her want to know if they can go ahead, but since SC took her buggy with her--I'd need, bingo, the sole CSM who is nowhere in sight to approve the aborted transaction. So we just wait. For another five minutes until SC comes back.
                So that was AT LEAST half an hour on one SC.
                At the Bullseye....When on the register you're allowed to suspend the sale put the customer at the back of the line with a little receipt that prints out.
                That's what they want you to do......do not leave people waiting in line while price checks are being done. Especially in that situation.
                You're not allowed to do that?

Comment

Yeah...but I need CSM approval.
                  My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Nearly everything an employee does at the big bad blue place requires management's approval. They love to underschedule, and they actually say that labor is a cost to try to keep down (how ridiculous!) And then they're mad when everyone is doing someone else's job, the handful of managers around have to actually work, and nothing good happens but lots of disasters.

It's like working in the Tower in the tarot deck.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                    X