Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't get flamed ... I got completely and utterly ROASTED!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't get flamed ... I got completely and utterly ROASTED!!!

Was serving this customer today who'd switched from one kind of internet connection to another - load up the account details of the account he wants to close - and he's still under contract ... uh oh ... this customer's going to be up for a fair bit of a break of contract fee for it ..

SO I go ahead tell him, then he goes silent for a bit, then the partner of this gentleman hops on the phone and starts abusing me ... like where the HELL do you think you can get off charging a break of contract fee like that ...

Uhhh if you would have read the terms and conditions of the plan and the contract you would have seen them in there ...

Anyway I proceed to shut the account down and put in the notes that I have advised the customer of the break of contract fee etc .. all the legalese to cover my backside should this customer decide to take it on .. and of course she's decided she'd take it to the TIO (Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman) ..

In the meantime whilst I'm doing this she's yelling and screaming abuse at me sprinkled with a few expletives .. so what do I do .. let her finish and then pause for a few seconds just to allow her to catch her breath slightly .. I then calmly and politely said something along the lines of hey I'm not taking this one personally but would you mind not swearing whilst on the phone to me .. I'm here to help you out rather work against you ..

But in the end she hung up quite upset and frustrated ... mehhh she's lucky I didn't terminate the call on her !!

You mean you're allowed to hang up?!
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

People keep using this word...what's Ombudsman?

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
        Basically it's a business "overseer" who is appointed by government and is therefore independent from different company policies and stuff.

(The word "Ombudsman" is, I think, taken from Swedish/Danish where we have had this sort of institutions for ages, but why it hasn't been translated, I really don't know.)
        A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
          Basically it's a business "overseer" who is appointed by government and is therefore independent from different company policies and stuff.

(The word "Ombudsman" is, I think, taken from Swedish/Danish where we have had this sort of institutions for ages, but why it hasn't been translated, I really don't know.)
          NorthernZel is quite right, I just wanted to add http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ombudsmand .

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
            Ombudsman is like a mediator if someone's got a problem they can go and complain to them, and then they step in and try and get the issue resolved on the customer's behalf ..

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
              You mean you're allowed to hang up?!
              Nope we can't hang up - only on one instance can we .. if the customer is being really rude and abusive to us ... we can warn them against it ... then if they keep it up then yes we can

Comment

Working...
              X