This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Not To Laugh

Here's one from my retail days, the reason for this customer's complaint is lost in the mists of time, but I remember the customer.

I had seen him before and the other staff called him "Monkey Man", I thought this was because he was extremely hairy, all over the backs of his hands and down his neck, I mean to the extent of not seeing any skin at all, also he smelt really badly like he hadn't washed for a few years.

But this wasn't the reason at all.........

On this occassion he was arguing with a manager about something and becoming irate.
    He lost the ability to speak and started grunting "ooo oooo ooo" just like a gibbon, at the same time he began swinging his arms and looked and sounded for all the world like an angry ape.

How the manager dealt with him without laughing, I don't know.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

So you're saying he went man-shit?

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      So you're saying he went man-shit?
      I salute you.
      Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Oh what I would've given to see that!!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Funny from a distance maybe?

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
          On this occassion he was arguing with a manager about something and becoming irate.
          He lost the ability to speak and started grunting "ooo oooo ooo" just like a gibbon, at the same time he began swinging his arms and looked and sounded for all the world like an angry ape.
          How the manager dealt with him without laughing, I don't know.
          People like that are wildly unpredictable........... I would have been thinking how to get this guy out of my face and not laughing either.
          Maybe latter when he was gone.
          I was on the road as a TV tech for 20 years and have been through this kind of erratic behavior before. One customer threw a 27" tv at me when the company wouldn't replace it. It was like 6 years old. One held me hostage until a part was brought to his house. The police locked him up,and another had a bullet hole in his set. That story was my kid fell through it! I have to be honest though....If I was watching all this I'd probably be laughing too

Comment

From my experiences with angry customers face to face in retail, I always found the dramatic customers like this one to be far less intimidating than the silent type, who would threaten you very quietly, and intently.
            Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Working...
            X