This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YACI Yet Another Coupon Issue

Had a woman come in today with three expired $3 Ink Recycling Coupons. These are hand dated by the associate who issues them, and are only valid for three months from the date of issue. These were issued in JULY and expired in OCTOBER. Well this woman swore up and down (read: lied through her teeth) that she called us (THIS Staples, not some other store) yesterdy and was specifically told by "whoever answered the phone" that this would not be a problem, and that the coupons would be honored. I outright told her that we would not have said that. She outright lied and said that we did. Lying bitch demands manager. No points for guessing what the manager did.

The "good" thing is though, that in three days, ALL of these particular coupons that are left will expire. The last of the green $3 coupons were issued 9/16 chainwide, and the rest destroyed, and we then switched over to purple $3 coupons to coincide with a change in the INk Recycling policy. After 12/16, we'll be rejecting any and all green coupons.

Well, I will be, at least. Dated or not.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

You see Dave, my manager will not allow that to happen, because I would then use that against them and force them to allow me to do that.

Hell I'm a customer also, I just have the "added perk" of working there.

Comment

Just out of curiousity-- well, not-- is there any limit to the number of ink cartridges you can use for the discount, or any other stipulations that I, as a hopefully non-sucky customer, should know about? You would not believe how many ink cartridges the photo booths I run go through, and it would be nice to do something useful with them.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
        Just out of curiousity-- well, not-- is there any limit to the number of ink cartridges you can use for the discount, or any other stipulations that I, as a hopefully non-sucky customer, should know about? You would not believe how many ink cartridges the photo booths I run go through, and it would be nice to do something useful with them.
        At Staples, the current ink recycling policy is this. You can bring in up to 10 HP, Lexmark, or Dell ink or toner cartridges (OEM cartrides, not remanufactured ones) per day and receive ten $3 coupons (one per cart). The coupons are good for ANY piurchase of three dollars or more and expire three montsh from teh date of issue (we stamp them).

The coupon redeption limit is three per customer per day. All in one transaction if you want, but only THREE per day.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          No points for guessing what the manager did.
          Oh, s/he declined the customer's unreasonable request, because the policy is there to protect the real customers who actually take the expiration dates to heart, and to protect his own ass?

That's not what happened?

Well, not like it was worth points anyway...
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
          X