Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't change my surname. After working in retail and dealing with women who hadn't formally changed their names or IDs and having meltdowns because I couldn't take a check or match a signature, it just seemed simpler. Besides, I've had my name a long time, why should I change it?
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I think it would be easier for marriage purposes if everyone just used their Social Security numbers instead of names.

Mr. and Mrs. 010-23-1234 023-64-9382
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
        Tell me about it. It is a royal PITA. If I ever get married again, I'm keeping my surname. It's just too much hassle to change it.
        I'm on marriage #4.With the first 3, and each subsequent divorce, I changed my name. I was 44 years old this time, and too old to be doing it all again. DH does not mind in the least, as he's not too awfully fond of his surname, either. He shares it with a none too popular president within the last century, but is no relation.

After changing for #3, I started getting bills for a *different* Primer Hisname. I immediately changed to hyphenated!

I now carry both a copy of our (#4) marriage license, and I have a military ID that shows me as being his spouse. My "maiden" name is not that common in this part of the country, and I have never gotten any body else's bills with it!
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
        X