Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sucky Coinstar Bitch ( Lots of swearing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mattm04 View Post
    Example 1,845,751,975,974 that SC's don't read signs or care what they say.
    Only 1,845,751,975,974?!
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Well, it's about 250 examples for each member of the world's population. A minority of which are SCs.
      Last edited by Chromatix; 02-13-2010, 09:24 PM. Reason: Maths error. I'm tired...

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
        You're lucky in your bank. Not all banks with coin counting machines will do it free for people with an account with the bank. some of them charge 8-12% if you have an account with them and at least 15% if you don't have an account.
        The banks where I live will only exchange change for notes if it's counted and bagged. -.- I am far too bone idle to do this, so having about 9% knocked off is fine by me. XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
          Well, it's about 250 examples for each member of the world's population. A minority of which are SCs.
          So, a conservative estimate, then?
          Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth RetailSlave View Post
            At our store they finally set it up where they can cash Coinstar at any register or at the Uscan, so we don't have that problem. Our only problem is when the machine jams on 3rd shift. The keys for it are kept in the Service Office, so we have to call the store director to come and let us in the office to get the keys, then hope that one of the few people who know how to unjam and reset the machine are there.
            Yeah our store lets you cash them anytime at any register. So long as they have the amount it is.

Quoth Salesmonkey View Post
            I don't get the whole Coinstar thing. I'm sure that it has flashy lights and all that while it counts your money, but it also charges 15%. My bank has a machine that does the same thing (sans flashy lights). All I do is take in a bag of change and a blank deposit slip, and the rest is taken care of. And no fee, either. Are the flashy lights so good that they are worth 15%?
            15%?! Are you sure, because it's usually somewhere between 5%-8%.

I personally prefer just rolling my coins and depositing them at the bank. The 8% just isn't worth it IMO. Plus I can always drive to the bank that has a coin counter and lets people that have an account there count them for free.

Comment

I feel sorry for you all. Where I live, you can bring coins to any bank around and exchange them for free at any counter labeled "Kasse".
              Not to mention that most of the little shops in my town are happy if you bring coins to them because they never have enough change.

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                = and if you get the gift cards from Coinstar, no fee! I get iTunes and BestBuy ones
                I usually go for Amazon gift credit when the local machines have it available (seems to vary at times).

It's one thing for a SC to claim not to have seen the sign; it's another thing entirely for one to try and say that it doesn't apply to them...
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  The banks where I live will only exchange change for notes if it's counted and bagged. -.- I am far too bone idle to do this, so having about 9% knocked off is fine by me. XD
                  That's what young kids are good for. As long as they can reliably count each roll, they'll do it for a lot less than Coin*Star charges and get you out of doing it at all.

I use my change for purchases, usually fast food. Plus, I like to have a small stash of 'emergency change' in my car.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X