Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My (deceased ) Grey had quite a vocabulary.

There's so many stories I could tell, but in a nutshell, he picked up on some of my bad language, none of which I intentionally taught him. And that's with it just being the two of us, so It wasn't like he was picking it up from converstions with any other humans in the household, (other than the occasional friend over for a visit) just from what I'd say outloud while cussing at someone on TV, or, cussing at inanimate objects that weren't working the way I thought they should.

So, if I had to make a call to, or take one from, someone other than friends that wouldn't be offended, I had to go into the bedroom and close the door, (especially on business type calls), lest he blurt out "Fuck You!" in the background.

I have a good freind I'll call "Joe", that would come over for the occasional visit, and while we were chatting, Birdy would often be babbling away. Joe would turn to him, and say something like "Aww shaddup!" (Not in a mean tone of voice, he's owned parrots as well, so had a love of them). Birdy would blurt out (get ready for it, folks) " Fuck You!". I thought that was a bit mean of him, so I decided to train him to say something nice to Joe.

I started teaching him to say "Hey Joeeeeeeyyyyy"! (Joe and I often address each other in the diminutive versions of our names.) Birdy actually came up with his own version, of "Hey Joe!" which is actually more accurate to how we address each other, in the sense of saying "Yo!" rather than "Hey!". The word "Yo!" was already long a part of Birdy's vocabulary by that time.

So, yeah. It could be a lot of fun having a cursing parrot. But, plenty of embarrassing moments too!

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

To parrot: That's where you're wrong, pal. It's not enough to want a cracker. You have to EARN it.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
      X