Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reading is fundy-mental (quite long, some language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've resisted the urge to wish people a Happy Festivus this year. Although even if I did, I'm sure there'd be a lot of people who flat out wouldn't get it.

Comment

I have been saying to many people this year (and some of them in my holiday cards) a line I stole from a cell phone ad from some time ago: "Happy Chrismahanukwanzakah!" Of course, most of my friends have a sense of humor, so they get it. I don't bother using that line with most customers, for obvious reasons.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
        I've resisted the urge to wish people a Happy Festivus this year. Although even if I did, I'm sure there'd be a lot of people who flat out wouldn't get it.
        Does anyone celebrate Winter-Een-Mas?
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          Does anyone celebrate Winter-Een-Mas?
          That cartoon rocks! I've been following it for a long time, very creative, well written, great art. The animated episodes are not as good, especially the last few, but they don't outright suck.
          Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
          TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Anyone calls me a blasphemous heathen, I'd have to say "thank you, for the blasphemous part, but unfortunately as I am not religious at all, I cannot be considered a "heathen." But thanks for thinking of me. Bye-bye now! Oh...and by the way, Saint Pastor SC, what kind of a Christian are you, demanding your sacred day be commercialized in a product catalogue? Oh, sorry, forgot. I HAVE been to one of your bookstores, with the Jesus stickers, posters, calendars and Christian Vegetable Plushies and cross neckties and such. Commercialization is now a holy sacrament. My mistake."

Comment

News Flash!

O Holy Crap! Guess what happened????

Last week, I wished my buddy at work Merry Christmas. She does not celebrate Christmas as most of us do, with presents and trees and whatnot. I gave her a present and wished her Merry Christmas anyway. Get this: She was delighted, said "Merry Christmas" back, and hugged me.

Fast forward to yesterday:

She was leaving at noon for the rest of the week. She wished me Happy Kwanzaa and gave me a present. I was delighted, said, "Happy Kwanzaa" back, and hugged her.

NOBODY GOT OFFENDED!!!!!!!! CALL THE FREAKING PAPERS!!!!!!!

Comment

RecoveringKinkoid.......you and your co-worker must've time-warped here from 1985, cuz it seems like everyone gets offended about ANYthing anymore. Bless the both of you for having some REAL hoiday spirit!!!!

Now we just have nurture it, feed it lots of good feelings, and hope it grows to all those poor SC's out there so they can learn something as well.
                Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

unfortunately as I am not religious at all, I cannot be considered a "heathen."
                  heath•en noun chiefly derogatory
                  a person who does not belong to a widely held religion (esp. one who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim) as regarded by those who do: bringing Christianity to the heathens

•a follower of a polytheistic religion; a pagan.

•(the heathenheathen people collectively, esp. (in biblical use) those who did not worship the God of Israel.

•informal an unenlightened person; a person regarded as lacking culture or moral principles.
                  So by the first one, someone with no religion at all can qualify, if you like
                  Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Well, it's pretty simple where I work. If a customer wishes me a merry christmas, I'm more than happy to return that gesture. If not, I say nothing of the holiday.

And it seems to me that customers, when it comes to promotions like the one mentioned in this thread, only see what they want to see when they read about them. We have the same problem regarding our bags of reduced bananas and any shrimp that's on sale...they don't seem to get that the sale price is by the pound, not by the bag.

Comment

My last Christmas that I worked retail I would just pick a random winter holiday and wish them a happy one.
                      They got Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukauh, Happy Kwana and Happy Solstice. People looked at me like I was crazy when I wished them anything other than a Merry Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                      X