Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sir, the car doesn't have feelings. It can't get hurt.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, if you *really* want to mess with Porsche fans...call the 356 a VW and see what happens
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

You get bloodshed.... Of course, Porsche purists hate me already becuase I own a 944.... water-cooled is BLASPHEMY!
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

They'd hate you even more if you had a 914...which was sold as a VW-Porsche. In fact, it has the same engine that my mother's VW 412 station wagon did. Odd that such a hybrid, along with the 924/944 are so hated...yet Beetle parts *will* fit the 356 (aka the Exalted One) engine
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          Of course, if you *really* want to mess with Porsche fans...call the 356 a VW and see what happens
          No, if you really want to mess with Porsche fans, speak highly of the 914.

I love Porsches. My favorite car ever is the 911. I love 911s in almost all of their incarnations. I even like 944s, 924s (less so), and 928s. And as a huge fan of the brand, I have said repeatedly over the years that the 914 was the biggest piece of shit that company ever created. How bad was the 914? Fiats pointed at it and laughed. Peugeots kicked sand in its face. The YUGO was embarrassed to be seen near a 914!

Just about every guy has, at one point in their life, slept with a pig. The 914 was Porsche's pig.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            How bad was the 914? Fiats pointed at it and laughed. Peugeots kicked sand in its face. The YUGO was embarrassed to be seen near a 914!

Just about every guy has, at one point in their life, slept with a pig. The 914 was Porsche's pig.
            That was just beautiful, brought a tear to my eye.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

What can I say? I have my moments. Not many of them, but I do have them.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
              X