This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC Round Up

All the odds & ends calls I haven't posted yet this week. That storm here in Vancouver was a headache and a half. Had around 20 calls in queue by 4am, but only 2 operators. >< Ended up doing a bit of OT because 2 ops didn't come in too.

Ah well, on to the tomfoolery

Property Management
    ( During the night of the storm )

SC: "The power is out."
    Me: "Yes, there's a power outage in the area."
    SC: "Can you do anything about it?"
    Me: "No, you'll have to call BC Hydro."
    SC: "Can you call them for me? …and then call me back and let me know what they said?"
    Me: "…no, you'll have to call them yourself."

A brave new world of personal responsibility awaits you! I know, its scary at first. Hold my hand if you need to.

This Is Your Brain on Drugs

Strike #1:

Fantastically stoned guy calls in looking for a product info. I offer him a brochure. He accepts, I presume because it would make wonderful rolling paper. I ask him his postal code….

SC: "T46"
    Me: "T-4-6?"
    SC: "Yeah, T46 MJ9"
    Me: "T46? That can't be right…"
    SC: "Uh…..um…..<insert the sounds of what heavy drug use does to your brain>…uh…<click>"

Strike #2

Stoner calls again. This time he gets Operator #2 and asks "Is your bathroom running?". I believe the correct lead in is "Is your refrigerator running?".

Its pretty bad when you're so stoned you can't even pull off a prank call you saw on a rerun of the Simpsons.

Strike #3

Apparently Operator #2 is now a sucker of male genitalia.

Comebacks

Me: "and where are you calling from?"
    SC: "Me? Uh...home."
    Me: "I mean what city."
    SC: "Oh!"

You know, that would have been a snappy come back if you hadn't had said it in a moment of complete confusion. Perhaps you're some sort of idiot savant of sarcasm?

Timezones

SC: "What time is it there?"
    Me: "6am"
    SC: "So its 6:55 there?"
    Me: "No, its 5:55"

I was unaware everything I say is subject to a +/- 55 margin of error.

Dante's Inferno

Caller described living in her building as "Like living in Hell.". The reason you ask? Because her downstairs neighbour, according to her, spends his entire day spraying things into the heating vents. The entire day. He apparently doesn't sleep, all he does is spray things into the vents. At all hours! Oh noez.

Hell is not a lake of fire and brimstone. Hell is a can of Lysol room deodorizer being wielded by a middle aged insomniac. "Spring Breeze" is the 4th layer of the underworld.

I Can Play Too

"Sayonara, baby!"

Ja mata, koneko-chan. Chuu~

Air Travel

Me: "What airline were you on?"
    SC: "9:45am"
    Me: "…no, what airline?"
    SC: "Flight 95"
    Me: "…what AIRLINE were you on?"
    SC: "America West?"

Don't stop on my account. Please, continue on with every other irrelevant piece of information about your flight that I don't want, need nor did I ask for. What kind of plane was it? How many seats did it have? What movie did they play? Did you get any cashews in your mixed nuts? Chicken or beef? Window or aisle seat? Did the guy sitting next to you fall asleep on your shoulder? Did the seat make your butt itch? Inquiring minds want to know, speak woman!

Uh Oh

Me: "What software do you have?"
    SC: "The popular one."

Gah, the Riddler. Quick, the BAT SIGNAL.

You What Now?

SC: "I inserted 10 dolls into the machine"

….you did? Barbie or Ken? Or was it Barbie's Friend Midge™? Because nobody liked Midge and if that’s the case I approve of your dollicide.

It Hurts

Me: "Good Morning <such and such> Roofing"
    SC: "Are you involved in airline tickets?"

You know, I attempted to mentally connect "Roofing" and "Air Travel" in my mind like you did, but my head started to hurt and I had to lay down and take a nap.

Well, at least my job is entertaining in a sort of post-apocolyptic way.

Hell is not a lake of fire and brimstone. Hell is a can of Lysol room deodorizer being wielded by a middle aged insomniac. "Spring Breeze" is the 4th layer of the underworld.

And Lilac Dreams is the 3rd.

Comment

Then Axe body spray must be the 2nd. Egads.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
        Then Axe body spray must be the 2nd. Egads.
        Uggggh. That stuff is so syntheticly fresh as to make me sick. Plus everybody seems to feel compelled to spray it all around the deodorant aisle.

This Is Your Brain on Drugs

Strike #1:

Fantastically stoned guy calls in looking for a product info. I offer him a brochure. He accepts, I presume because it would make wonderful rolling paper. I ask him his postal code….

SC: "T46"
        Me: "T-4-6?"
        SC: "Yeah, T46 MJ9"
        Me: "T46? That can't be right…"
        SC: "Uh…..um…..<insert the sounds of what heavy drug use does to your brain>…uh…<click>"

Strike #2

Stoner calls again. This time he gets Operator #2 and asks "Is your bathroom running?". I believe the correct lead in is "Is your refrigerator running?".

Its pretty bad when you're so stoned you can't even pull off a prank call you saw on a rerun of the Simpsons.

Strike #3

Apparently Operator #2 is now a sucker of male genitalia.
        Channeling Mr. Mackey: "Drugs are bad, mmmkay?"
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Uggggh. That stuff is so syntheticly fresh as to make me sick. Plus everybody seems to feel compelled to spray it all around the deodorant aisle.

Ugh! The deodorant section is right next to the in window, and when stupid teenagers come to check out the rawkin' body sprays, I swear, they spray like half a bottle over in that corner and it wafts down throughout the pharmacy, gagging us all. It cloys forever, too

Comment

Gravekeeper, please please can I add you to my email quote file?

"Hell is not a lake of fire and brimstone. Hell is a can of Lysol room deodorizer being wielded by a middle aged insomniac. "Spring Breeze" is the 4th layer of the underworld." -- Gravekeeper
            I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              It Hurts

You know, I attempted to mentally connect "Roofing" and "Air Travel" in my mind like you did, but my head started to hurt and I had to lay down and take a nap.
              Had that one happen too. Which is idoubly nteresting as I'm in the military now.

Me: XX Battalion, Sgt RogueOne may I help you?

Idiot: Is this XX Airlines?

Me: Ma'am, this is a military installation.

Idiot: Oh.

Comment

Hell is not a lake of fire and brimstone. Hell is a can of Lysol room deodorizer being wielded by a middle aged insomniac.
                I always thought Hell was a container of Febreeze wielded by anybody.

Comment

Quoth RogueOne View Post
                  Had that one happen too. Which is idoubly nteresting as I'm in the military now.

Me: XX Battalion, Sgt RogueOne may I help you?

Idiot: Is this XX Airlines?

Me: Ma'am, this is a military installation.

Idiot: Oh.
                  RogueOne: And, now that you know this, I'll have to kill you...

Mike
                  Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
                    Gravekeeper, please please can I add you to my email quote file?

"Hell is not a lake of fire and brimstone. Hell is a can of Lysol room deodorizer being wielded by a middle aged insomniac. "Spring Breeze" is the 4th layer of the underworld." -- Gravekeeper
                    Be my guest.

Comment

Perhaps you're some sort of idiot savant of sarcasm?
                      ...That guy was an idiot savant...Minus the savant
                      "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Well.... air travel occurs above houses and thus, above the roof. Your caller might be on to something there...

Or maybe he's just nuts. Great stories; your posts are always good for a laugh, thanks a lot!
                        You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth phoenix_rising View Post
                          "Spring Breeze" is the 4th layer of the underworld.

And Lilac Dreams is the 3rd.

What's wrong with the soothing scent of lilacs? And would someone PLEASE take the Hawaiian Breeze air freshener that somehow found its way into my house?
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X