Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brother got jumped at work tonight!

[Disclaimer: I didn't see this, but heard it second-hand from a reliable source]

So my brother and I work together at Publix (grocery store). We close at 10pm, and we both closed tonight. The manager, J (important to note that she's about 5'4...and female), was outside doing....something, and a car drives up. This is about 1015, 1020 or so. There are these four asshats in it, and they get out. They want to know if the store's open. J tells them that we're closed, and they begin to get belligerent. She won't let them in (I wouldn't piss her off), and one of the dudes bangs against the window really hard. My brother, who was in the lobby, hears this and comes out. It's also important to know that he is about 6'3 and has some serious rage issues sometimes. It's a bad day for anyone who pisses him off. Anyhow - he comes out to see what's going on, because he heard the loud bang. Some words were exchanged it seems, and one of the dudes shoves M (my brother). I'm not sure of the size comparison, but M shoved back. He doesn't take crap from ANYONE. The police were called, and two cars showed up quite quickly (the city the store is in is infamous for slow response times to our store) with a K-9 in one going absolutely insane - wanting to see some action I suppose.

The managers wound up sending us home because the store was pretty much done, and nothing else was getting done after that.

My brother is fine. He's probably a bit pissed off - he doesn't appreciate when people trample on 'his' territory. The general consensus is also that these guys were high or on something, and we were standing in the way of their munchy fix.
    Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
    The general consensus is also that these guys were high or on something, and we were standing in the way of their munchy fix.
    Whoa, then they need to go to 7-Eleven! As for you and your brother, I'm glad you're OK...it could have been a lot worse!
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
      The general consensus is also that these guys were high or on something, and we were standing in the way of their munchy fix.
      That would surprise me actually. Munchies come about by using weed, weed tends to relax people or make them nervous, not violent.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
        That would surprise me actually. Munchies come about by using weed, weed tends to relax people or make them nervous, not violent.
        Like I said - I didn't see it happen. I'm sure if I did, I'd be able to more accurately guess why they felt the need to punch the store and push my brother.

Oh well - no one was hurt.
        Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

TG you're falling down on you job. Your primary function is to look out for little brother. No one is allowed to hit him but you, and you can as often as you like.
          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

But isn't TG's little brother 3" taller than her? I think a run-by smaking would be better because then he would have to catch her.
            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
            X