This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth akaScooby View Post
    Less than 5 minutes and no customers later SC returns and buys a $4 drink with the other $50, not in the mood for an argument I do the sale
    I'd have just gone into slow-mo mood, "Sorry, I have to call someone to change this." And then held onto their $50 while I took my time getting cash until they remembered that change they'd just received.
    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

I hate the people hat think, hey..." I'm getting $60 from the bank, i get a $50 and a $10 so I look cool." Just get the $20's sheesh.

I usually get $40-60 in cash from the ATM when needed. Unless I know I will need large bills, very very rare, as long as it is the correct amount, I really don't care.

Comment

I just saw a rather interesting twist on this.

Was just in Starbucks, and the chap in front of me was telling everyone he'd just won the lottery. He had a stack of £50 notes in his wallet the width of my thumb. He handed over one of them to pay for a drink, and the girl behind the counter asked if he had anything smaller.

He looked down, reached into the tip jar and pulled out a fiver.

Just as everyone was doing a , he dropped the 50 into the jar. He paid with the 5 and told her to put the change in the tip jar.

I guess if you'd just won the lottery, you could afford to be generous.

Comment

Quoth draco664 View Post
          I just saw a rather interesting twist on this.

Was just in Starbucks, and the chap in front of me was telling everyone he'd just won the lottery. He had a stack of £50 notes in his wallet the width of my thumb. He handed over one of them to pay for a drink, and the girl behind the counter asked if he had anything smaller.

He looked down, reached into the tip jar and pulled out a fiver.

Just as everyone was doing a , he dropped the 50 into the jar. He paid with the 5 and told her to put the change in the tip jar.

I guess if you'd just won the lottery, you could afford to be generous.
          Awesome.

I hope he didn't advertise the fact too much though...hate for the chavs to have got him.
          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I've related this story once before, but being too lazy to look it up, I'll tell it again.

One day at the wholesale club, I was working an opening shift on the Express register. A coworker (who worked an overnight shift that day, but has worked as a cashier before) comes through with a gallon of milk, which at the time was something like $3 or so. She hands me a $100 bill. She was my second customer of the day, and the first customer had paid with a credit card.

J2K: "Do you have something smaller? I can't break a hundred."
            CW: "That's not my problem. Gimme my change."

She was copping an attitude about it. So I call a manager over to go into the cash office to break the $100 so I don't drain my till of all my $10 and $5 notes. I was irritated as hell that she-- who knew full well what a hassle it would be-- decided to be a hassle anyway.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
            X