This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeeeah... pretend you're not there.

We have a no overnight parking policy in our lots; this includes leaving your vehicle and sleeping in your vehicle. So around midnight we go around and ask the occupants of semis, rvs and cars to leave the property as per policy, which is posted at every entrance to our property. I am polite and try to suggest other places for them to stay.

UNFORTUNATELY, 99.9% will bitch and moan "but so-and-so SAID I could stay!" I've heard every excuse in the book.

What irks me lately is that people have gotten the idea that if they don't answer the door, I will leave them alone. Nope. I will knock for several minutes and honk my horn. I SAW you peek out your curtains, or saw the cab shake, or saw that lump in the back of the car move. Funny how fast the people 'magically appear' when I yell that I know they are in there, they are now trespassing and I'll be calling the police.

We've been having so many problems with this one company either leaving their trucks in our lot, or their drivers being incredibly rude and refusing to leave, that the property manager is considering to start sending them bills for their stays!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Independent toll companies

Storage fees from most toll companies are a rip-off. So why not use it to your advantage.

Call around, find one that charges thru the nose for even a few hours in storage and have start tolling anyone parked after hours.

If you find the right one your companies may not have to pay a cent (that is why they charge so much) and they will happily toll off these people while giving you a happy wave too.

Do this a couple of times and see if that company stops parking there.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      Storage fees from most toll companies are a rip-off. So why not use it to your advantage.
      Do you mean tow companies?

And, no, they're not a "rip-off." They're a deterrent. Basically a "don't do something stupid and get your car towed and impounded because you'll pay through the nose for it" tax.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X