Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And just how do you think a store works anyway?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And just how do you think a store works anyway?

If today's any indication, I'm in for a long freaking week.

Some lady inflicts herself on me as I'm counting furniture, holding up some ugly-ass lawn statue and yelping "Is this going to go on sale any more than it is now?"

"Sorry, I don't know that. It will probably go on sale several times this season but I can't tell you for how much."

This is a total lie. I could've looked up future sale prices for her on my scanner. In fact, the Super Duper Uber Mega Super Stupendous Lowest Prices of the Season sale starts Thursday. But why tell you when to get the best price, and do all your legwork for you, when you're in the store now and 9-10ths of the way to buying the damn thing anyway? We do like to make a profit on the stuff we sell, y'know.

"WELL I LIVE WAY OUT OF TOWN AND I MISSED THE LAST GOOD SALE AND I WANT THE BEST PRICE FOR THIS AND THAT'S NOT VERY GOOD SERVICE MAYBE I SHOULD REPORT YOU TO THE MANAGER" Geez, breathe lady! What's wrong, nobody made you an Easter Basket this weekend?

Turns out not only was I not reported to the manager, but she bought the lawn statue anyway. Betcha she rolls back in Thursday for a price adjustment.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Sort of makes her a Lawn Jerky.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Classic, Sheldonrs. Normally I don't believe businesses have a right to any profit, (that belongs only to employees), but in this case, that woman was asking for it.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
        Normally I don't believe businesses have a right to any profit, (that belongs only to employees),
        That... is puzzling.

IPF: well, if she's from out of town, it'd have to be a pretty nice price adjustment, to make it worth the return trip.

Then again, I've never gotten how apparently a whole lot of people like to look at their garden, and say to themselves: "You know, I have a really nice garden, I'd better fix that. Nothing like a couple really ugly figures for the lawn to tell people, here lives someone with no taste at all!"
        You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
          That... is puzzling.
          gonna venture a guess that is meant that if the company is making money, it should put the money back into the business and into salary rather than just having a nice, bit account balance.
          hit me with a fish if i'm wrong.
          Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Yes, that's more or less what I meant.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Okay, got it. Discussing that would probably lead too far OT here, so I'm shutting up now.
              You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Bonus points if "way out of town" for her is "right up the street and 'round the corner"
                Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

I think it's amazing you even have the option of looking up future sale prices. We were provided no such convenience at my WalMart. However, had we been - I also would not have bothered telling whomever asked. People used to bring new arrivals up to me and ask when they were going to go on sale. Normally with a line like, "Oh, I really like this item! When do you think it will go on sale?" Friggin cheap bastards. I feel your pain.
                  "All god does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring." - Invisible Monsters

"The only thing stronger than fear is hope." - Suzanne Collins

Comment

Working...
                  X