Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But... but I thought you were 24 hours!

Little bit of background information. The 24 hour garage down the road is closed for refurbishment. They will be closed for just over two months as they are getting a total overhaul of the petrol station; pumps, shop, tanker bay; everything. This of course means that the petrol station where I work is super busy. We are also working flat out to keep the shop stocked and perhaps persuade a few of 24 garage's customers to come to us during the day instead.

However, there's a downside. Some people, of the "brain removed and replaced with mashed potato" type, have gotten it into their heads that cuz we're open and the 24 hour garage is closed, that means that we're 24 hours. SC logic; does not compute. This means that whenever I work a late shift, I and whoever I'm working with ends up being hassled by SCs who drive in thru the back way (cuz those are not cones blocking off the entrance and showing that we're closed, they are in fact exotic mushrooms) and even come and bang on the windows if we're not outside to be yelled at.

One particular SC made me feel like the Head of the Kwik-E-Mart meeting Homer Simpson.

SC: Are you really closed?
    Me: Yes.
    SC: Really?
    SC: Are you sure?

And I'm also quite sure that I want to go home to my supper, internet and bed rather than having to hang around talking to you.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Of course you're open 24 hours. Just not in a row.....

(Sorry. Couldn't resist.)
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      One particular SC made me feel like the Head of the Kwik-E-Mart meeting Homer Simpson.

SC: Are you really closed?
      SC: Really?
      SC: Are you sure?
      I've had this happen to me.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Lulz. XD Your title was catchier.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Ouch. People used reverse logic to that when I worked at a 24 hour station. We'd get calls. "When do you open?" "We're 24 hours." "Okay, so like, what time in the morning?" "We are open 24 hours. That means... we are always open." "I know, but when's the earliest I can come in?" "... pick a time. Door will be open." And repeat.
          "All god does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring." - Invisible Monsters

"The only thing stronger than fear is hope." - Suzanne Collins

Comment

Just to play devils advocate.

If your competitor is shut down and there is obviously a market for the station to open 24hrs, has your manager/owner considered changing to a 24hrs license?

Comment

Seeing as right now we don't even have enough staff to fill all the current quotas (we're currently surviving on overtime, both from petrol station staff and checkouts) that's as unlikely as waking up tomorrow and finding the sky has turned technicolour. -.- In any case, this is a supermarket petrol station so there'd be trouble with the licience even if we had the staff, which we don't.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
              X