This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't cuss out the service, or you won't get any more

This story starts on a dark and gloomy night, the kind of night were any story told of that evening’s occurances might include the phrase “The Butler did it”.

Anyway, on a lonely stretch of rainy back road, a person driving an overloaded Ford Econoline van gets a flat tire.

In a rare moment of competence, they decide to change the flat themselves, and actually succeed in jacking it up, taking off the hubcap, the lug nuts, and the flat tire itself. So far so good, but all good things come to an end.

The person had put the lug nuts inside the hubcap, and during their workings, accidentally gave it a kick, and just like Ralphie in A Christmas Story sent the 5 lug nuts hurling into the great unknown of the night to disappear forevermore.

They then decided that lug nuts were a capitalist plot to line the pockets of the nut and bolt manufacturing cartel and that they didn’t need them after all. They put the spare tire on, and figured they could make it home just fine.

I think they made it about 20 yards before they learned the sad truth that lug nuts are, in fact, required parts as the unsecured left front wheel came off and dropped the van onto the pavement at about 35mph. Crushing several expensive-looking suspension parts in the process and squashing the running boards and bodywork on that side too.

Then they called their motor club and we sent Dave out to assist them. Apparently a bit embarrassed at what they did, they decided to displace their feelings of ineptitude and hostility on Dave when he arrived 20 minutes later.

They berated him for being “late” and they’d been “waiting forever”

Dave pointed out he BEAT the motor-club given 30 minute ETA for service

They berated him for having to tow the vehicle, not understanding why he couldn’t just “put the wheel back on”

Dave pointed out the absurdity of the request.

They then refused to exit the vehicle while he hooked it up, on the grounds that they were staying put to make sure Dave “Didn’t steal anything” from the van when they weren’t looking.

They also apparently cussed quite a bit about the shoddy service being provided.

Dave took it like a champ, towed them up the road to a garage, dropped them off and waved goodnight.

He then drove ¼ mile down the road, pulled over, called their motor club back and explained to the nice representative that the service requested was complete and that he would NEVER again do a service for said customer on account of their bad behavior.

Imagine our surprise when the rep on the other end noted that according to her information, this was the THIRD time they’ve requested service, and the THIRD time the responding tow company has filed a complaint about their behavior. As a result, they’re paying us, and then are going to immediately cancel the member’s service.

Moral of the story kids, be nice when you lose a lug or Dave will pull your plug

Oh, and the Butler did it.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

The butler NEVER did it!
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Bonus points if it was raining!

Last time we had a flat tyre and it was raining we just called for roadside assitance to do it, even though we can change a tyre, so much nicer to not get wet
      Began work Aug as casual '08
      Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
      Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
      Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Bad, bad driver.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

All of a sudden, I'm glad I'm polite to everyone when I'm on the customer side. I'd say that driver got what was coming to him.
          My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Your stories are always a hoot and on a par with Gravekeeper's. Although yours tends to be a quality story over GK's quantity of idiots and inbred pantsless fools.
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I approve! I love a company that will 'fire' bad customers!

Keep the stories coming, they make my life worth living. You're WAY better than 'Operation Repo.'
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Oh, don't get me started on Operation Repo......
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                  Oh, don't get me started on Operation Repo......
                  Nono...please start.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                    The person had put the lug nuts inside the hubcap, and during their workings, accidentally gave it a kick, and just like Ralphie in A Christmas Story sent the 5 lug nuts hurling into the great unknown of the night to disappear forevermore.

Ooooohhhhh ffuuuuudddddgggggeeee.....But I didn't say "fudge"!

I LOVE that movie.
                    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I hate Operation Repo..its so fake..they say as much in the beginning of the show (that the scenes are reinacted or some shit..) and people still watch it. Its bad acting @ its best.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                        They then decided that lug nuts were a capitalist plot to line the pockets of the nut and bolt manufacturing cartel and that they didn’t need them after all. They put the spare tire on, and figured they could make it home just fine.
                        That's showing the capitalist's who's boss!

Seriously, 20 yards? I'm surprised he got 20 feet!

Comment

Dumb

Steal a nut from each other wheel, drive slow and get to the garage without any problems. What a fool.

Comment

again, win and awesomesauce!!
                            there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                              Steal a nut from each other wheel, drive slow and get to the garage without any problems. What a fool.
                              But doing this would require to SC to actually possess a brain and understand the concept of common sence
                              "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                              "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                              "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Working...
                              X