This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Unusually Happy Customer

-Yes, I think my car was towed from 100 Dome St. Did you impound it?
    -Well, let’s see, yes I have a car matching your description from 100 Dome St. Parked without a permit, it will be $105 cash or credit to release.
    -Oh please don’t impound it! Please!
    -Well, it’s in the impound lot right now
    -But, I can get it back right?! If I come down right now?!
    -Yes, it will be $105 cash or credit to release as long as you get here within 24 hours.
    -Whew, thanks, as long as it won’t be impounded.
    -Well, as long as you pick it up before storage starts, it’ll be $105, nothing will change in the meantime.
    -Okay, I’m on my way! Just please don’t impound it!
    -Er, um, okay, I’ll have someone waiting up front.

Randy goes up front and waits for her, she arrives about 10 minutes later and breezes through the paperwork without issue. When finished, she tells Randy,

-Thanks so much! I was afraid I was going to be impounded!
    -You’re welcome Miss, anytime, we’ll meet you around back at the gate. He says.

She merrily went on her way, happy that we had towed her car in, put it behind a locked fence, and charged her $105 to get it back, but had not, apparently, impounded it.

I wonder what color the sky is in her world?
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

im betting blonde
    We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

Maybe she was thinking of when the car gets crushed after x number of days? She thought it was impound? Which makes me giggle because I'm picuring a giant fist crushing cars with sound effects. *Impound impound.*
      You know that feeling you get when you lean too far back in a chair and you find yourself falling, but catch yourself just in time? I feel like that all the time.

Comment

Impound... doesn't that mean you put chains on it and lock it in a square cage?

You know, like a car jail?

Her sky is apparently powder blue with rainbows and kittens..
        Make a list of important things to do today.
        At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
        Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

*Rubs neck*

I used to think that IMPOUND meant you couldn't get your car back. Maybe that's what she thought.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Ulrika View Post
            Maybe she was thinking of when the car gets crushed after x number of days? She thought it was impound?
            I love this explanation and I'll bet it can be found at http://www.iusedtobelieve.com

Comment

You're allowed to sell the car to regain your losses after a certain amount of time, no?

Or perhaps she thought the police were going to get involved...

Gah. Thinking about this is making my head hurt.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                *Rubs neck*

I used to think that IMPOUND meant you couldn't get your car back. Maybe that's what she thought.
                Same here.

Comment

Quoth Rebel1012 View Post
                  im betting blonde
                  I choked on my orange juice. Well played.
                  "All god does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring." - Invisible Monsters

"The only thing stronger than fear is hope." - Suzanne Collins

Comment

Working...
                  X