This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I'm not going to watch your cart.

I am sick of people asking me to watch their grocery carts when they use the bathroom.

I always say, "Feel free to leave it there, but I cannot guarantee that I'll watch it."

I'm at work. I'm busy. My company doesn't pay me to keep an eye on your milk and eggs. They pay me to serve customers in MY store. So if someone comes in while your cart is sitting outside my store, I'm not going to avoid eye contact with the customer in order to watch your shit.

And I won't lie and say that I will, because that's when some asshole will steal your cart. And you'll hold ME liable.

It's not going to happen.

So please don't give me the stink eye when I refuse to take responsibility for your stuff. Guess you should have used the bathroom BEFORE finishing the shopping.

Bonus asswipe points if you're asking me to watch your EMPTY cart. Because even if someone DOES "steal" it, you can get another at the cart corral a mere 20 feet away.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

See this is why I ask if I can leave the cart there rather then asking the person to watch it. I know they are doing their job and cart babysitting is not on the list.

However there have been times where one just sudenly has to go.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
      Bonus asswipe points if you're asking me to watch your EMPTY cart. Because even if someone DOES "steal" it, you can get another at the cart corral a mere 20 feet away.
      But its only gonna be a mooooooooooooment! I have small bladder! And Diaper! This is horrible customer service! How dare you not watch my empty cart!
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Sounds similar to the people at convenience stores who set about twenty items (bonus if they're large, like cases of beer) on the counter and wander off to get more stuff...
        My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
          Sounds similar to the people at convenience stores who set about twenty items (bonus if they're large, like cases of beer) on the counter and wander off to get more stuff...
          Or ten bolts of fabric on the cutting counter, and wander off to get more...
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Or ten bolts of fabric on the cutting counter, and wander off to get more...
            One quilting store I know has little signs saying "still shopping" so customers can leave bolts on the edge of the cutting table with a sign on them, and staff know they haven't been abandoned. Of course, it's a smaller store - no carts, so carrying around a few bolts can really be a pain for customers. And usually not a lot of customers at once, so there wouldn't be too many piles at any given time.

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
            X