Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of course I'll be rude, you insulted me!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course I'll be rude, you insulted me!!

I had a horrible man at work today. He came in complaining about his new razor which was falling apart and horrible. When he showed me the razor I realised from the name on the box and the boxes color scheme that it was one of those with the aloe vera strip in the head. I explain to him that the bits falling off are where the aloe reacts with the water and becomes foam. He's very nice at this point and gets the spare razors out and holds one out saying 'oh so this bit here is it yeah?' this is where he gets nasty

ME: I'm sorry sir I'm rather short sighted if by this you mean the green part...
    HIM: what? short sighted? how dare you be on that side on the counter then. How dare you not wear glasses.
    ME (thinking he's having a laugh) well when they pay me enough money I'll be able to buy some glasses
    HIM: Get me someone to deal with my complaint this is stupid
    ME...sir I have helped with your complaint and you seemed to be fine with my response
    HIM: how the hell can you know what I'm holding if your so blind as to not see a blade
    ME: The box is green and black then only razor in a green and black box is the ___ razor which I know from TV adverts contains aloe vera. It's their major selling point. All I can't see is the tiny blade your holding up too close to my face too see it properly.
    HIM: absolutely ridiculose, letting a stupid blind girl work here on this counter

At this point I walked away from him and the manager told him to leave.

Gotta check, lessee, yep, mind boggled, senses outraged.

Wow. That guy needs a trip to the ole to straighten him out!

Seriously, acting like that just because you're nearsighted... that idjit...
    Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

do people think being friendly is a sign of weakness or something? the second they show an ounce of human emotion, batman will burst from the shadow and beat them senseless with a buttered toast?

"how dare you not have perfect eyesight!?" i have no idea how i'd respond to that, but i doubt it'd be very friendly, one of the reasons i'm doubting my capabilities of handeling customers, is if i get angered, i suddenly don't give a damn what happens to me or my job, i give 'em what they're askin' for, a good tongue lashing and a piece of my mind.

you don't have glasses or lenses though?
      can't be that expencive.... then again, i'm used to Norway, where things aren't too expencive, unless you own a car, then the politicians call you satan.
      Rawr

Comment

I do have glasses but as I can perform my job perfectly well without them I don't wear them at work, due to bullying yobs who teased me at school over them and shop in the store often. This is the first instance in 4 years where someone has had a problem with me asking them to hold something further away if they really need me to look at it.

Comment

Pfft. Who teases people over glasses nowadays?
          Tell them to piss off. A lot of people have glasses. Myself included.
          Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.

Comment

You should wear your glasses to prevent from straining your eyes and making things worse. Besides, glasses are just jewelry for your face! I've had glasses since I was 9, I have grown to love them.
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

He said, "how dare you"?? God forbid you should have imperfect eyesight so as to inconvenience him. Yes, because the whole world revolves around him. One day he's going to have a rude awakening.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Hemily View Post
                do people think being friendly is a sign of weakness or something?
                Yes. I'm not joking.

My house mate tells me that when his computer broke, he brought it back to Best Buy and instantly laid holy hell on the first rep he got. Why? He said they'll BS you out of getting a manager until your trouble is worth more than they're getting paid.

He also managed to get some strange over-the-top warranty deal on his system.

Not that I agree with it. Does help you see the view of some of the SCs out there.
                No good news is good bad news

Comment

I'd be so tempted to wave my hand back in the guy's face:

"OK. How many fingers am I holding up? Huh? How many, Mr. Perfect Eyesight? Did you count one? Did you? Guess which finger it is?"

OK. I really wouldn't do that.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Off topic a little...

so now I have to ask...how much to eyeglasses cost in Norway?

For me to get my eyes tested for vision. (that's tested not examined...cost's a forturne for that) Plus the frames, plus the lenses, plus the sides polished and if I toss in a scratch protecting coat, it runs me between $250-$300 for one pair of glasses. I'm in the US

Comment

Norway?

No idea at all, never been there

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                        I'd be so tempted to wave my hand back in the guy's face:

"OK. How many fingers am I holding up? Huh? How many, Mr. Perfect Eyesight? Did you count one? Did you? Guess which finger it is?"

OK. I really wouldn't do that.
                        Aw, come on, that would be so much fun!

Jeez, these yobs are still teasing you about glasses? What are they, four years old?! Screw them, your eyesight is much more important than their moronic opinions. "Yeah, I'm a four-eyes. Four eyes and one finger for you. Guess which one?!" (to paraphrase Dips)
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Maevis View Post
                          Off topic a little...

so now I have to ask...how much to eyeglasses cost in Norway?

For me to get my eyes tested for vision. (that's tested not examined...cost's a forturne for that) Plus the frames, plus the lenses, plus the sides polished and if I toss in a scratch protecting coat, it runs me between $250-$300 for one pair of glasses. I'm in the US
                          www.glassesdirect.co.uk
                          Glasses start from £15 that's $30 with prescription

I haven't checked but I am reasonably certain that they would send it to America
                          ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                          Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                          X