Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God, he almost scared Hoffa and Elvis, for crying out loud!

Comment

See now, I could understand asking *once*, just to put the idea out there.

But I pride myself in knowing *exactly* what we have in the back, which I will often explain to customers in great detail ("For example, I know for a fact that we have exactly 62 of these batteries, 4 cases of this camera and exactly ZERO of what you are looking for."). That crap just don't fly with me.
      "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
      -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

we had one ask about the box for a mug; we barely have enough room to store product, cups and coffee. there is no room for extras, plus there's that lovely fire hazard issue. i wanted to show him exactly why, but he got huffy and i left it at 'we don't have the space to store empty boxes' rather than try to reason with him.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
          ....Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, unicorns and lepricans.....
          In MY backroom, I'm hiding some orange and purple Smurfs

Comment

In my backroom....Oh wait, we don't have one. It is just the store front, office, and rest-room. But yet, the one out of every 10 customers will ask, if we have somemore in back
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I've had similar discussions concerning the Wiis. It was funny when people would try to get me to say something that was patently false.

"So, you'll have them before Christmas, right?"
              "We don't know. It's doubtful. But you can call us later on and find out before coming down again."
              "Would your manager know?"
              "No, they wouldn't. We don't know when we're getting them until they come off the truck."
              "So when's the truck coming? I can wait!"

Repeat ad nauseum until the customer stomps off in anger or I shoot myself in the face.
              A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

For the issue we've had with Nintendo Wii

SC I'd like a Wii Please

Me have you a pre order sir?

SC No, Should i?

Me Have you a pre order anywhere sir?

SC Um No...

Me unfrtunatly there is no spare stock until post Xmas i'm afraid sir

SC Well thats not good enough, a company your size should have ample enough stock to deal with everyone who wants one, when will your next delivery be?

Me we dont know i'm afraid, they are delivered by courier and we will receive them when nintendo sends some to the distributor

SC Cant you phone them and ask?

this conversation went on for perhaps five minutes of back and forth have you? No Sir. talking until he left with the classic line of...

SC I'll get it at G

Me (thinking, oh no you won't)

In the end we only just managed to fill our customer order queue about three days before christmas, then promptly ran out of stock

Stay Safe
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                X