This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take help when its offered....

The 'we dont have it' thread reminded me of this one. We had an ROP out with PSP's on sale. We sold out within two hours or so. Three days AFTER the fact a lady ccomes up to me asking for one.

Me: good ol BTI lacky always in Home E
    SC: cant take help

Me: Im sorry but we are sold out.
    SC: What am I supposed to do about it!?
    Me: I can write you a raincheck if you like...
    SC: I cant put a raincheck under my tree!
    ME: well thats pretty much all we can do for you ma'am
    SC: Check other stores......

So I call the whole city and track some down about 45 min away. By this time she has left in a huff.

The next day a suprise shipment came in of PSP's. About 40 of them. A present from the playstation rep.

Take help when its offered to you and dont make the workers feel like crap for trying please >.<
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
    SC: I cant put a raincheck under my tree!
    >.<
    Actually I've recieved a lot of requests from people want a PS3 or Wii poster or box to use for an "IOU" to give on Christmas.

Comment

yah apparently the idea was offensive to her
      Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Had a dude like this just the other night.

"Mr. Dough" (not his real name) had been in several times throughout the day, always to order a drink or two, and then leave. No problem. And he always charged it to his room. Also no problem.

Well, near closing, he was in again, and as he was in his second beer, we had this conversation.
        MR. DOUGH: "Are there any local pizza places that are good that deliver?"
        JESTER: "There is Great Local Place, but they might be closed today. If so, there is Papa John's."
        MR. DOUGH: "Don't you have any good local places?"
        JESTER: "Yes, but most of them don't deliver, other than Great Local Place. Now, I am not sure if they are closed today or not (I had heard they were closing during the early days of the week), but I can try to find out. Let me get their number for you."
        MR. DOUGH: "Okay. Thanks. But if they're closed, what else is there?"
        JESTER: "Um, there are a few places, but I would definitely recommend Papa John's over the others."
        MR. DOUGH: "You say Great Local Place is closed?"
        JESTER: "I'm not really sure. Let me try to find their number." (I looked for a phone book, but didn't have one in the restaurant.) "Mr. Dough, we don't have a phone book here....let me call the front desk and get their number for you." (This guy was beginning to be a pain, and I was so not wasting money on my cell phone to call directory assistance.)
        MR. DOUGH: "Thanks."

So I called the front desk, in clear view of Mr. Dough, and it took a bit for the girl at the front desk to find the number, but find it she did. Yay! And I turned around.....and Mr. Dough is GONE. After making me wait and wait on the front desk girl to get that number so he could get pizza, he skipped out. Without, I might add, paying the tab for his two beers. Asshat. Luckily, though, since I knew his room # and he had said he would put it on his room, I merely put on the check "guest left without signing for tab" and charged it to his room. Yes, we are allowed to do that.

I hope he got really bad pizza from someplace and he got sick, the fr. Or maybe he just went hungry. Even better.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Hahah!

I remember once there was a lady standing by our front counter...she had dropped a few items in the indoor return box...and was just...well, standing there and kinda looking around.

So I walked up to her and said, "Hello! Is there anything I can help you with?"
          and I can't remember exactly what she said because I was like this and this Because she went on a very long winded tirade about how I shouldn't assume that she needed help. AS a matter of fact, I shouldn't have asked her, because she was quite capable of helping herself, and blah, blah, blah... and I was like, "oh, sorry I was just trying to be friendly..." and that set her off again and then she stormed out of the store and tried to slam the door...(which you can't do because the door has one of those pnuematic sort of hinges to keep it from slamming).

It got realy quiet for a moment while all the cashiers and other customers sort of stared at the woman peeling out of the parking lot and then looking at me...

So, I shrugged and said, "is there anyone else I can help with anything?..." got a few giggles and life went on.

Comment

Working...
          X