This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have ESP, ya know!!

This happened earlier today, but it still riles me. A man called in today, and this is how it went:

Me: "Thank you for calling-"
    SC: "I AM RECORDING THIS CALL, AND I WANT YOU TO TAKE MY PHONE NUMBER OFF YOUR LIST."
    Me: "OK, sir, I can help you with that. May I please have your name and zip code?"
    SC: "NO!!!"
    Me: "Well, sir, I have to know who I'm talking to in order to remove you from the list-"
    SC: "LISTEN LADY HOW HARD IS IT TO WRITE DOWN A PHONE NUMBER!! ARE YOU AN IDIOT!!!"

I don't have ESP, how the hell am I supposed to help if I don't know who I'm talking to? DUH!

I hung up on the asshole. I don't get paid enough to put up with BS like that. One time another guy was yelling at me, and he asked if I have a college education... I'm like, "I don't see what that has to do with your credit card account!" I hung up on him too. I'm grateful for this site, thanks for letting me vent!
    "Some people are just brainless." -Words of my beloved late grandma.

You don't have ESP? Then what are you doing in customer relations? You know, it is a federal requirement that you MUST have ESP to work with customers. They know that, why don't you?
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

No one ever thought to tell you that one of the requirements of your job is to have fully functioning ESP*? Tsk, tsk.

*That includes knowing what the customer wants, how much they're willing to pay (at least 50% less than the posted price), etc., etc., etc.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
      X