Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor girl! She better not have gotten in trouble.

I haven't seen much cheek-kissing in the US; except when it's Grandma! But a complete stranger; a head nod and thank you would have been better.

One of my friends had a real aversion to being touched if she didn't know you, so random people touching her arm or patting her back freaked her out.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

eh, its kissing someone on the cheek, I'm pretty used to it, I mean its a social convention in a lot of places, but that said, it should not be done without some sort of warning.

Just like when shaking someone's hand, you don't grab it out of their pocket and start shaking, you hold out your hand and wait for them to shake yours. The equivalent should also apply, you don't grab someone and kiss them on the cheek, you make it obvious thats what you are going to do and then if they start then you go with them.

It took a while for me, a born and bred Mancunian (thats the north of England for you yanks), to get used to it, but i did.

Still, randomly grabbing a young girl and trying to kiss her is just wrong.
      "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
      Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Working...
      X