This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Cheese Lady

I never realized until today just how stressed out the customers are over the holidays. I work in a food area inside a retail store. So I'm due for my last break, since I have half an hour left in my 8-hour shift. My coworker, C., comes in and I'm about to go, but I decide to hang in for 5 min. because there's a line forming. She can ring in orders and I'll make them for her.

C: coworker
    CL: cheese lady
    OL: older lady

CL orders a pretzel and they aren't ready, but I go to heat one up. She goes to get her soda. OL and a man come up and after a bit of trying to decide, they order. I don't hear it, but I glance at the screen and see a pretzel. I grab another because I still have none ready. I work on their other stuff, too. C is about to ring someone else up when CL butts in and asks for cheese sauce. C informs her it costs extra and rings her up and lets me know to get some. I'm in the middle of cooking, so C goes to grab it instead. That's fine; we have it under control. I hand the done pretzel to CL. I go to grab the pretzel for the older couple, who are now going to a table to wait. As I grab it out of the oven, I ask OL what topping she wants. She answers that they only ordered one pretzel, and at that point I realize she and the man and CL are all together and I made an exta pretzel. No big deal; I throw the exta in the warmer and am about to grab the cheese from C. All of this happens in 30 seconds or so; I know by the oven timer. CL stands up, waving her hands in the air and yells, "No. We only ordered 1 pretzel! All I want is the cheese! I just want my cheese!" or something along those lines. All the customers in line, all of whom have been delayed by this exchange, are staring at her. I look right at her and tell her in a firm, loud voice, "SHE'S GETTING YOUR CHEESE RIGHT NOW." OL was nice about it. Crazy cheese lady was yelling at her, me and my coworker. I realize now she was probably just irritated at OL, who's probably her mom. Still, ya gotta yell about cheese, in front of a bunch of people??
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Cheese sauce for a pretzel sounds like a guilty pleasure for me.

I definitely wouldn't make a scene of it.
    No good news is good bad news

Comment

Working...
    X