This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all SCs bad parents?

Our security girl, K, told me this story. A lot of her job is admittedly boring, and seemingly unnecessary, at least to most people. But the company has it's reasons for having her stand by the door and she does her job as she's paid to do.

A little girl went to get a cart in front of the door where K was standing. Her dad said, "Let K get it; she's not doing anything." He only knew her name by her nametag and was obviously trying to insult her; the little girl tried to be helpful in grabbing a cart two more times, both times hearing the dad repeat the asinine statement. K just ignored him and walked away. I wasn't even there and it burns me up. Yeah, K wasn't doing anything but watch a man teach his daughter to be entitled, arrogant, and lazy.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Ouch. Yeah, sure, I'm not doing anything, just monitoring the situation to ensure your security. But sure, I'll open up the window for a bad situation to get you a freakin' cart. Lazy

She could have been such a sweet girl. But no, parents need her to be an entitlement whore.
    No good news is good bad news

Comment

Yes, they are. SCs raise SCs who spawn SCs. Its the Circle of Life. Except the baboon dropped Simba when he answered his cell then sued Mufasa for not telling him it would be dangerous to dangle a kid over a cliff while talking on his cell.

Comment

I dunno about that. I know I've read many, MANY stories on here from people who have parents or grandparents that they're embarrassed to take in public because their behavior can be so atrocious. Those kids managed to transcend their parents' bad behavior.

Comment

I dunno she did try to get a cart two more times after the SC parent told her not to, maybe she'll rebel against her parents and become a cool customer.
          My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

just because the kid turned out alright doesnt mean they were a good parent which is what the question was
            i think a lot of sc's but not all are bad parents, if not in every sense in some glaringly obvious ways

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
              I know I've read many, MANY stories on here from people who have parents or grandparents that they're embarrassed to take in public because their behavior can be so atrocious. Those kids managed to transcend their parents' bad behavior.

See, there's hope for humanity yet.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                Its the Circle of Life. Except the baboon dropped Simba when he answered his cell then sued Mufasa for not telling him it would be dangerous to dangle a kid over a cliff while talking on his cell.
                LOL! Now the next time I watch The Lion King I'm gonna have that image in my brain.
                "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

Comment

I'd love to say yes, they all are, but as children grow up, they and only they can decide how they are going to act when they are grown up. It's the parents job while the kids are still young to raise them properly. Since proper parenting seems to have taken a horrible turn for the worse in recent years, I'd count on this SC trend to last until we are all very old and gray and still posting stories on here!

All we can do is try and raise our children right, and hope they follow in our footsteps!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

To back up my earlier point, I had an SC yesterday in the drivethru who had his daughter in the car. We were slammed, and I got to him as soon as possible. The first words out of his mouth was something to the effect that the drive thru should be helped first, he'd been out there 15 minutes blah blah blah (15 minutes my arse).
                    Anyhoo, his prescription needed to be filled RIGHT AWAY. I'm slammed. My wait is 30 to 40 minutes long at this point. I tell him that, he starts the "That's unacceptable!" line, I offer to give it back so he can go elsewhere.

This entire time, his daughter, horrified at how her father is acting, is trying to get him to shut his big stupid mouth, and finally jumps out of the car and takes off. They KNOW when bad behavior is afoot.

She came back later to pick up the thing with her mom, and was polite and as nice as could be, even though we still had lines out into the aisles.

Comment

I was raised by a mother who was and probably still is the queen of sucky customers. Yes, she was a horrible parent.

I am nothing like her, I'm polite to service people unless they are rude to me first, and even then I don't make a scene, I have a calm talk with their manager.
                      Last edited by Misanthropical; 12-25-2006, 01:51 AM.
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

It would've been funny if "K", without fear of any reperecussion, could've have accused Poor Excuse for a Dad of sending her after the cart, to cause a distraction, so that he might shoplift something.

Mike
                        Meow.........

Comment

I would hope that somewhere, some SC did not reproduce, so the answer to the OP could be "NO"
                          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            A little girl went to get a cart in front of the door where K was standing. Her dad said, "Let K get it; she's not doing anything." He only knew her name by her nametag and was obviously trying to insult her; the little girl tried to be helpful in grabbing a cart two more times, both times hearing the dad repeat the asinine statement. K just ignored him and walked away. I wasn't even there and it burns me up. Yeah, K wasn't doing anything but watch a man teach his daughter to be entitled, arrogant, and lazy.
                            I work as a technician and share my space with customer service. One day, while I was leaning over a monitor and installing software on a computer on the bench, a woman waiting in customer service wondered aloud why I wasn't helping her because I "didn't look like I was doing anything." For all she knew, she added, I could just be surfing the Web.

She probably thought she was joking, but that was a serious insult to my professional pride. Just because I don't have the computer's guts ripped out doesn't mean that I'm not working. In fact, if I'm the only one there with three computers lined up and leaned over while periodically reaching down to the KVM switch, that means I'm working pretty damn hard.
                            A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Just yesterday a SC was teaching his son to grow up to be rude. I was doing returns all day (great fun...not) and he comes up and says he wants to return a video game which has already been opened.
                              Him: We got this game for the XBox but it doesn't work on our XBox 360.
                              Me: I'm sorry, sir, but once it has been opened, we can only exchange it for the exact same item.
                              Him: *makes a smug smile like I am lying to him and I'm just an idiot and he's smarter than me*
                              Me: It's not my decision, or even *storename*'s. This is federal copyright law.
                              Him: Yeah, sure, law.
                              Him: *to son* What have we learned today, son? You bring in your game, and you have your receipt, and you're out 40 bucks.

I called my boss over because I didn't want to deal with the moron any more. Unfortunately, she told him he could get the same game in the correct format. If I were the boss, I would have told him to go away, lol. Luckily, I was off of work before he came back up to exchange the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X