This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "This meal isn't real!"

I was working a kitchen shift when quite a large ticket came though. Eight meals. One of these meals was a chicken sandwich (basically chicken, salad and mayo). All the meals were sent out and everything was fine, until a co-worker returned to the kitchen with the sandwich.

CW: The lady is complaining that there is no mayo in the sandwich.
    Me: *I opened the sandwich* You mean this layer of white stuff?
    CW: Oh yeah...
    Me: It's OK, I'll put some more in.

I spread some more mayo into the sandwich and sent it back out. About a minute later, CW returned with the sandwich. Boss happened to be stood in the kitchen at this moment.

CW: She says it doesn't look like a real sandwich.
    Me/Boss: What?!?!
    CW: She says it doesn't look like a real sandwich. She wants a fresh one.
    Me: Real sandwich? What does that mean?
    Boss: What is this bitch trying to pull?
    Me: I'll make a new one.

It took me about two minutes to put a new one together. CW took it back out. She returned less than 30 seconds later.

CW: She doesn't want it anymore. She isn't hungry and wants a refund.
    Me/Boss: WHAT??

Boss stormed out the kitchen. CW and me watched what was going on through a crack in the door. The snooty looking customer was arguing with Boss, but it didn't look as though she was winning. Boss was making several hand gestures that just said "No, No No" Boss walked behind the bar, opened a register and handed the SC some money. The SC was still arguing with Boss, who was now gesturing her towards the exit. Boss walked off the bar and back into the kitchen.

Boss: That bitched wanted a refund and complimentary desserts for ALL their meals!
    Me: She wanted all EIGHT refunded??
    Boss: Yeah, that's a scam if I ever heard one! I refunded her sandwich, but that's it. Bitch.

How to get what you want in two easy steps:

1. Make unreasonable demand.

2. Make ridiculous demand which is so outrageous that it makes your first demand sound reasonable by comparison.
    Women can do anything men can.
    But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
    Maxine

Comment

I think your boss handled it fine. Especially making her leave after refunding the sandwich. She probably would have complained about something else had she let her stay.

Comment

Glad to see the boss straightened the scammer out.

It's not a real meal? So what is it, an unreal-meal? I think I played that FPS game once, it was pretty cool
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Maybe she was confusing it with a Virtual meal, like the ones in her head?
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

The sandwich is a lie!!
            "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

NOOOOOOOO!!! Not the sandwich as well!
              Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Not a real meal? Are you the White Witch? Was that chicken sandwhich part of a "Goodberry" spell? Maybe she wasn't a real diner!
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I know some places will have frozen or prepackaged food as opposed to fresh food. Maybe thats what she mean, she didn't want a premade chicken sandwich. Still stupid how she complained about it.

Comment

Ehe? Wha? Ouch...my brain!

"The sandwich isn't real"

No, it's not. It's actually a sirloin marinated for 8-days in a blend a secret spices and brine, broiled to perfection on a fire of endangered south-american rainforest wood chips, served with pheasant stuffed with its own eggs along with a 150-year old french cabernet...

Saddest complaint ever! Guess after you remade her sandwich she just had to find SOMETHING to complain about...
                    Last edited by LillFilly; 04-28-2010, 05:13 AM. Reason: needed more stupid!
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
                      Glad to see the boss straightened the scammer out.

It's not a real meal? So what is it, an unreal-meal? I think I played that FPS game once, it was pretty cool
                      What we really need is an updated version of Burgertime.
                      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Reminds me of a time a guy sent back 99% of a gammon steak, why? It was "A Bit Salty"
                        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                          Maybe she was confusing it with a Virtual meal, like the ones in her head?
                          Am I complete nerd that I was thinking something to the effect of, "Well, when the zombies come, she'll be safe?"

Comment

Quoth Marxfan View Post
                            The sandwich is a lie!!
                            Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the sandwich. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Spoon boy: There is no sandwich.

Neo: There is no sandwich?

Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the sandwich that bends, it is only yourself.
                            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Dammit Sheldon...you beat me to a Matrix reference!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X