Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"While quantities last" isn't a meaningless phrase.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "While quantities last" isn't a meaningless phrase.

This isn't going to be a very organized thread. Not very organized at all.

So over the past few weeks, we've had a few sales on for garden and patio stuff. Just ... stuff. Furniture, sprayers, anti-weed stuff, ... you know, Stuff. STUFF stuff. It's always stuff.

So among the stuff we had for sale a few weeks ago was a Gazebo. It was a 10x12 gazebo. Opens up all purty-like. Customers like to sit in them and walk around in them in our real display model. People want to but the model, but they are showed to the boxes of the 10x12 gazebos that are actually inside the gazebo, that the customer was sitting on when they asked to buy the display model.

Not one person felt like laughing when they realized what they were sitting on. :-/

But anyway. So between two sales happening the last two weeks and the last four, (They tend to overlap somewhat.) there were three gazebos on sale. One 10x12 one, and two 10x10 gazebos. The only difference between the latter ones is a metallic-like top of a different shape. Not really much of a difference either. -.-'

So around noon, there was a customer talking to my manager as I rolled down the aisles with a cart to collect ... I guess anything I could collect and dispose of. Then as I am passing more aisles, a customer (Who ended up being just that customer who was speaking to the manager, but I didn't get a good look at her the first time.) stops me and asks me if we got in the 10x10 gazebos on the truck, as she (And she stated this quite firmly and irritatedly.) had been here for three weeks waiting for them and wants to know once and for all. She shows me the gazebo she wants from the ad, (And I don't know there was more than one kind. It only had the one 10x10 gazebo.) and I nod and go off into the tiny back room to find anything that resembles it. I look around a bit and find nothing. I ask the back room guy if he has 'em, and he denies seeing any come in. Just then, the manager who had been speaking with the customer (And I did not know this at the time, and still wouldn't for a bit.) pipes up that none had come in on the truck. BUT that he did see a lot of Gazebos in the middle of the floor where the seasonal items are.

So I have to take the long walk of shame (Got a better word for it?) back to the customer and tell them that there weren't any on the truck. But I figure I'd look around on the floor anyway, just in case. Almost immediately I spot a 10x10 gazebo box on the floor, and show it to the customer.

G'haa, I wish it were that easy.

She tells me that it's not the right gazebo, .. that the gazebo she wanted was the other one in the ad, (That she couldn't find, of course.) and just then, the manager I was speaking to earlier popped by with a cart of 10x12 gazebos to plop down on the floor. The customer asks the manager "Well? Did you get any?" And the manager states "No, the warehouse doesn't have any. None exist." And of course, the customer replies "Well you should have some in! We've been waiting for three weeks and you have never had any!"

Ooooooooooooooooh. You baaaaaaad.

Manager replies, "Ah, but we have had them for several weeks!"

Customer: "No, I'm pretty sure you didn't. I've been here every week for the past few weeks, and you didn't have even one for me to buy."

Manager: "There have been many of them in the store just last week. Maybe you missed them?"

Customer: "Then where were they when I was here?"

Manager: "Right where you're standing..... o.o' "

Customer: "Oh they so were not."

Manager: "In fact, I remember selling the last one, and then selling the floor model the same evening. That was last Thursday. We had them in for weeks."

I don't remember what happened after that, but the customer left in a hurry and mumbled something about Loews.

See, I don't know if the customer was just seriously trusting her memory, or simply wouldn't believe the manager for the hell of it. A manager (The newest seasonal one, to boot!!) would know his own stock. A customer only has their eyes. (Brain? What's that?) So yeah... Mistrust the seasonal manager at your own self-risk.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."
Working...
X