This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCs on Christmas DAY!

Today was my first time working Christmas Day (last night was my first Xmas Eve off since I was 16). As predicted it was dead this morning. We opened at 8 and mostly it was regulars buying coffee, cigarettes, and lotto tickets. And of couse police and EMS getting snacks. Around noon it was a different story. We got swamped. Noon was also when my SM decided to take the deposit to the bank (leaving me alone) . I had a bunch of people come in and ask for groceries that we don't sell (it's a gas station BTW). Some of them pissed that I didn't know what, if any, supermarkets where open (Hello it's Christmas be glad we're open). One guy came in at 9:30 and wanted to pay for a coffee witha $100 bill because he "needed small bills for his grandkids and the banks were closed" !
    Mon aéroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

I'm off work today but since I'm the "Acting Store Manager" until this new person finally arrives- it's all on me. I've been on the phone with work maybe 10 times today. So much for my nap *sigh*.

Anyhoo~ the fill in manager on shift called me a few minutes ago and informed me that some guy just called up SCREAMING at him that he had bought X360 Madden '07 from us (previously played) and when he got home there was no disc inside it...

Now, I'm jaded and I'd LOVE to call BS SCAMMER ALERT on him. Sadly, the CSR who rang him out admits that she did NOT open the case to verify the disc before ringing it through. *headdesk>infinity*

This means I cannot definitively say that there really was a disc- which means I basically have no choice but to make things right so I had to okay the MOD giving him another copy of X360 Madden '07.

The profanities which I'm spewing over this are not suitable for this message board.
    Of course, I didn't say any of them to my CSR or other manager either because I'm not like that. Okay, I'm just screaming them in my own head really...

So, Merry Christmas scammer guy- you get 2 Maddens for the price of one.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

we had something similar happen last night, but it was the opposite. my fiancees mother bought her nephew a PS2 game. can't remember which one. she brought it home, in the plastic wrap. wrapped it in wrapping paper, and took it over last night for him. he opened it up. took off the plastic wrap. opened the case...no game. thankfully, she bought the game where she works, so it should be easy to exchange for another copy.

Comment

Let's face it, SCs are SCs, no matter WHAT day it is.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth alphaboi View Post
          One guy came in at 9:30 and wanted to pay for a coffee witha $100 bill because he "needed small bills for his grandkids and the banks were closed" !
          And the award for "Best Example of 'Just Doesn't Get It'" goes to....
          "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
          -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
            And the award for "Best Example of 'Just Doesn't Get It'" goes to....
            Yeah, that beats my one where a guy came in (not even a customer, mind you) Saturday at about 5PM wanting to buy $2-$4 in PENNIES from us.

We're essentially a small, family owned photo store/portrait studio (franchise). I told him that I know we didn't have that much in change.....

SNC (Sucky Non-Customer): But I need it for church tomorrow!
            Me :
            SNC : We have jars to fill to give to charity and we turn them in tomorrow. My kids really want to fill ours!
            Me : We don't even have 30 pennies in our drawer right now. Even if we had more, we would need them for the rest of tonight and all of tomorrow.
            SNC : disgruntled, huffs off

If it's SO freakin important to you people, PLAN AHEAD!

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
              SNC (Sucky Non-Customer): But I need it for church tomorrow!
              Me :
              SNC : We have jars to fill to give to charity and we turn them in tomorrow. My kids really want to fill ours!
              Me : We don't even have 30 pennies in our drawer right now. Even if we had more, we would need them for the rest of tonight and all of tomorrow.
              SNC : disgruntled, huffs off

If it's SO freakin important to you people, PLAN AHEAD!
              What gets me is that these people were so lazy that they clearly didn't go out and actually raise money for the charity. Rather than just stuffing some bills in the jars and looking like the lazy asses they are, they expected you to give them change so it looks like they did the work... the nerve. Besides- who cares if you decided to just make a donation yourself rather than solicit some from others??? Of course, 2-4 bucks isn't being ultra generous, so I guess filling the jar with pennies looks better than putting a dollar bill inside.

People are so dumb and lazy...
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I think that it was actually supposed to be pennies only - something about how even small things in big numbers can make a big difference or whatever.

I wanted to tell him that too bad, the bank 3 stores down is open until 2 or 3 on Saturdays but obiviously it can't help him now!

Comment

Ah. that makes sense then... the idea was to teach the kids that if 100s of people donated just a penny, how much a difference it could make... so, lazy jerk parents had their kids miss the entire point of the charity jar to begin with...got it. *sigh*

And-
                  Alphaboi- you shoulda slapped some of your customers...
                  I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

My dad was on the verge of being a sucky customer on Christmas Eve. In our town pretty much everything was closed at 6 or before, so at 5:30 my dad says "Hey let's go shopping! I wanna stay in the store until they have to throw me out!" Well it's comforting to know my family doesn't listen when I tell sucky customer stories.
                    "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

Comment

It was X-mas Eve that ticked me off. No more than an hour after I clocked in I had a customer call me the c-word. And it wasn't "christmas" Our giftcard machine was down (not only the machine, but across the district and even our help desk) so we couldnt activate or use gift cards. Of course it made TONS of people upset. One in paticular said "oh thats okay I will pay cash"

They pay cash. "I DONT WANT THIS S*** ANYMORE YOU'RE A STUPID C***"
                      Then she proceeded to call me every-other-name in the book. I was kind of shaken.

My manager kind of reprimanded me for that because I didn't take a stand. I really couldn't. I had a line to the door and I wanted her out of there. But had I said something my ass would have been out the door. Go figure.

Comment

Quoth Meegz View Post
                        "I DONT WANT THIS S*** ANYMORE YOU'RE A STUPID C***"
                        Then she proceeded to call me every-other-name in the book.
                        "Oh thank you, Madam, and may the love and warmth of such Christian sentiments be with you throughout the year as well. God bless you, and have a very merry and blessed Christmas!"

It's kinda hard for the customer to complain to a manager about an employee smiling and wishing her well - and if the customer DOES in such a situation, the customer first would have to confess to the putrid nastiness that is her soul.
                        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Working...
                        X