This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Early Bird Gets More Time To Annoy Me

So we had a family of about ten call and ask for four rooms, luckily we had them. They are told check-in time is 2pm. Guess who comes trundling in at 12:30 pm just so gosh darn excited to start their stay here?

Luckily we were doing good out of the 4 rooms needed one had not been rented out the day before and the two had already been cleaned. I was just starting on the last one. All the family assigned to that room had to do was occupy themselves for a half hour while I cleaned.

They proceeded to stand about five feet from the room smoking and scowling every time I went to get something from my cart. No more than fifteen minutes go by when some asshat pokes his head then calls out to his friend "Looks like it's almost done."

No jerk it's not "almost done" but thanks for getting everyone's expectations up so I'm finally done. I barely have turned off the vacuumn when another asshat stand in the doorway with his bag slung over his shoulder. He's in the way yet will not walk in the room not step aside just staring like a loser. "Room done?" he grunts. He finally steps out of my way and the guests enter before they shut their door I overheard his wife/girlfriend say "Took long enough."

Fun Fact when you show up an hour and a half early you run the chance of your room not being ready. You lucked out in having three rooms you could have hung out in but instead stood outside and glared at me after I didn't develop super speed. You want it done fast get your butt in here and help me or stay out of my way.
    Last edited by TruthHurts; 12-27-2006, 03:03 AM.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

There IS an "Early Check-In Convenience Fee," right?
    Slap it on all four rooms.

Man, I would have been tempted to look at them, not tell them that any of the rooms were ready and give them a map of local resturants.

Comment

Why WOULDN'T they want to give you enough time to clean up the room properly? Who knows what weird bodily fluids might have been slung around in there last.....

Comment

The early bird without notice and then being a pain in the ass fee:

staying in a dirty room
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ah, but to their minds, there on on time. In SC land, 2 pm actually means whatever time they decide to show up. Didn't you know that?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You have a lot of patience, I probably just would have let them stay in a dirty room.
            "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Working...
            X