This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow

Living in Wisconsin, we usually get our fair share of snow. A rather heavy snowfall came down, and obviously driving was tough. I mean, on the way to school I ended up going sideways down Main Street. I would come to a complete stop, and my car would slide sideways into the curb.

I walk into work, put my apron on, and help the woman standing at the counter.
    Me: Hello, what can I get for you?
    SC: You need to be more careful driving -- you almost hit me out there!
    Me: ? ....I'm sorry...?
    SC: I don't care if it was snowing, you were driving like a maniac!
    Me: Ma'am, I walk to work. My car is parked at home.
    SC: Oh, must have been someone else. Well can I just get a 20 piece bucket then?

That was like a double-fault. Not only was she blatantly lying to me, but then she ordered the largest item we had, destroying my stock, requiring me to spend the next 40 minutes cooking three batches of chicken, with people lined up wondering how I ran out.
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Huh? No apology? What a b-tch, is she just gonna walkupto random people and accuse them of driving recklessly? You should have refudsed to serve her or something but that would've made matters worse probably

Comment

I would have asked her if she was sure it was me.

I love catching people in such mistakes, especially ones they're completely, doubtlessly, undeniable confident about.

Though, seriously, she owes you an apology.
      No good news is good bad news

Comment

Was this recently, and if so, where in WI? Where I live, there isn't even an inch (not that I'm complaining or anything, I hate snow, I'm just wondering where the snow all went).

Well I should probably just keep my mouth shut, because Round 1 and Round 2 are supposed to repeat themselves tomorrow and Friday (so says the Weather Channel). I suppose I'll have some kind of driving rant or another for that day.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
          That was like a double-fault. Not only was she blatantly lying to me, but then she ordered the largest item we had, destroying my stock, requiring me to spend the next 40 minutes cooking three batches of chicken, with people lined up wondering how I ran out.
          Well, she was out of line with the driving comment, but, as for her buying up all the chicken....you are in business to sell the stuff. It's not her fault that you needed to prepare more.

That's kind of like a former member, recently banned, who worked in a bakery and always complained that the customers bought up all the bread and she was constantly having to restock the shelves.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

we've had snow once this year-lasted about a day-meh southern Wisconsin-haven't worn anything heavier than my trenchcoat yet this year.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Yeah, it was that one day of snow that it happened; and I live along Lake Winnebago.

I understand that they are completely free to order a 20 piece, but the guy working ahead of me didn't make enough, and we appreciate it if people call in larger orders, so we know ahead of time to expect to suddenly lose 20 pieces, when each batch consists of 36.
              I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
              less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

It takes you 40 minutes to fry chicken? Where I work, it takes about 25.

Heh. I miss my WI winters...well, the snow, anyway. NJ hasn't gotten any yet.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
                  I understand that they are completely free to order a 20 piece, but the guy working ahead of me didn't make enough, and we appreciate it if people call in larger orders, so we know ahead of time to expect to suddenly lose 20 pieces, when each batch consists of 36.
                  I do understand it, but, still, not everyone would know that they are required or expected to call ahead.

She was an idiot, though.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

It takes 13 minutes to cook, but because my previous worker for the day was slow, we had no chicken besides the 20pc. I didn't have all three pans filled for 40 minutes

Comment

So technically, it was your co-worker's fault that there wasn't enough chicken, not Snotty Lady's...

That aside, she was bang out of order for not apologising to you over the bad driving accusation. Silly moo.
                      A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                      - Dave Barry

Comment

Working...
                      X