X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macaroni Cheese Nazi

Kinda long...

"The Mac N Cheese Lady"

So when I was still fairly new to the working world one of my first jobs was a cashier at a grocery store. We had the typical bakery/deli setup, where you could buy hot prepared foods by the pound. Mac and cheese was one price, and mac and beef was like 50 cents more per pound.
    Keep in mind, Mac n Cheese is yellow, and Mac N Beef is made with tomato sauce. We were not supposed to open the lid to see what was inside, we were supposed to ask. However, the lids were clear, so we usually just looked through the lid to see what it was.

Me
    SC
    Coworker=CW
    Other people in line=OP
    MnC=Mac n Cheese
    MnB=Mac n Beef
    MOD-Manager on Duty

Me-ring in MnB, cause I could see through lid it was red.
    SC-Hold on, thats not MnB, thats MnC!!!
    Me-Explain difference between MnB and MnC.
    SC-Well I am telling you that what I bought is MnC!!! You can't question me, because I know you can't open the lid to look at it!
    Me-Go into greater detail about how each product is made. Got very specific as to type of cheese used in MnC, and how nothing in MnC makes it red. Informed SC that she is correct, I can't open her container, but point out lid is clear, so I could see what it was. Probably for exactly this reason.
    SC-Gets royally PO'd, yanks open lid, shows me that it is, in fact, MnC.
    Me-Once again, point out that it is not MnC, it is MnB.
    SC-Asks CW what she thinks it is...and CW says well that looks like MnC to me.
    Me-Shoot WTF look to CW, who BTW was about 70 and nearly blind, so more than likely honest mistake, but still.
    OP-yeah that's def. MnC.
    Me-WTF? Well, in this case SC, I can verify myself that it is MnB, not MnC. I will not re-ring it for you. However, if you would like some MnC, I will be happy to send someone down to the deli to get you some. I would not want you to go home and expect a good cheesy flavor, only to discover a tomato flavor, then have to drive all the way back here to do an exchange.
    SC-Demands Manager
    MOD-Comes over, listens to both sides of story, looks at product, also takes notice of lines forming. Tells x that while it clearly is MnB, he will let her have it this one time @ the MnC price.
    SC-Gloats to me, gets the I-told-you-so attitude.
    Me-give her total $$.

Now here is the Kicker!!!!!

SC wanted to pay with Food Stamps!!! Well, you can't buy hot prepared food with food stamps!!
    Me-1 million watt smile on my face- I'm sorry SC, according to the law, you can't buy hot prepared food with stamps, I will need another form of payment.
    SC-Thats all I have!! I can't believe this! What, am I supposed to go hungry?
    Me-No SC, there are many food items you can buy here with stamps. MnC kits are in aisle 5, I recommend Krafts. However, it is not made with tomato sauce and beef the way you like. Further down aisle 5 is the Chef Boyardee Section. There, the MnC is disguised in a can that says MnB.
    SC-Yells profanity, storms off.
    Me-blissfully happy for rest of shift!

Reason for the title is that this was sometime after the Seinfeld Soup Nazi episode was on. My nickname at the store became Macaroni N Cheese Nazi.

No Mac n Cheese For you!!
    If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
    www.myspace.com/rentalracer

How I love karma stories like that!
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Yeah, we can't look for ourselves, either. Thankfully I sometimes work in the hot foods department, and we can weigh and tag the foods ourselves. (Ah, buffets...)
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

No SC, there are many food items you can buy here with stamps. MnC kits are in aisle 5, I recommend Krafts. However, it is not made with tomato sauce and beef the way you like. Further down aisle 5 is the Chef Boyardee Section. There, the MnC is disguised in a can that says MnB.
        That's one of the funniest things I've heard all day. :LOL:
        Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

Thanks guys...this is my first post in the SC section. The story was really my first triumph over a SC so it has stayed with me..not the best story I know, but they will get better I promise. See, I am a wiseass, and even now that I am the "dreaded management" I still like to push the limits! It is what makes SC experiences fun!
          If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
          www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Nice pwning of that bitch.
            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

You know, since I've been working, I've made from $90 a week to $32500 a year. Never have I felt the need to scam a store out of Mac N' Beef. I seriously have to wonder what the hell happens to people to make them think that theft is not only acceptable, but to be pursued in all circumstances.

:OT:

You can make a great meal out of Ramen Noodles and a can of Tuna (or other canned meat). Add a few veggies if you can. Mushrooms, onions, and peas always worked for me. It's surprisingly good, cheap, and only uses one pot to make. Spices can also add to it, if they are available. Sort of a quickie-casarole.

Who says Boy Scouts doesn't prepare you for real life?
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

What a great story!!! Thank you for sharing it! When I was a grocery checkout person, I had someone who had a bunch of groceries, a bunch of unrurly kids and some food stamps and some hot fried chicken from the deli area. She threw a fit at me when I informed her that the food stamps would not cover the chicken. I explained it was hot food, but she didn't care. I explained that what she was doing was no different than going to KFC and trying to use the food stamp card! I had to get a manager because she would not accept my answer. I was polite to her though, because I was fighting to keep from laughing! After she told the boss she didn't want the chicken and he left she told me we shouldn't sell things like that because that's not right that we sell anything you can't buy with food stamps! What an idiot!

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  You know, since I've been working, I've made from $90 a week to $32500 a year. Never have I felt the need to scam a store out of Mac N' Beef. I seriously have to wonder what the hell happens to people to make them think that theft is not only acceptable, but to be pursued in all circumstances.
                  Don't be sad, I make $8k a year. And it's not a terrible salary here in VE it's just bad for my work type
                  I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
                  X