X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one...

Yeah, that had entered my mind briefly too.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Cedophile View Post
      Yes, I'm doing my job. No, I'm not breaking the law for you. No, that does not give you permission to be snotfaced with me.
      That whole quote could apply to so many parts of so many of our jobs.

For me, of course, it would be for people who order drinks and then don't have acceptable ID, or ID at all.

Lately I have been very lucky...everyone I have asked for ID has had proper ID, and there have been no problems. And no one has been snotty about it, either. The young looking ones get it, and many have had their IDs ready to go, sometimes handing them to me before I even ask. And the ones who are borderline are flattered by the request. No ID SC's for a while, actually.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
        At times, I miss working with the animals, but in no way do I miss the people who owned them.
        No kidding. I used to work at a major pet food and supply store, and I loved the animals that came in. Liked most of the owners too, but some of them...oy. I've told some of the worst stories before on these boards.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I feel very sorry for any animal who is owned by an idiot.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          In the end, I paid roughly $600 to save him, but it was worth it just to seem him alive, healthy, and happy again. I affectionately refer to him as "The $600 Cat."
          I came home one evening to find DH on the phone, and the bedroom window open, no screen, and two cats missing from inventory. I told DH, "If you lost the cat with the $400 rectum, your life won't be worth that much." I'd just paid to have some kind of hernia repaired in her, well, you know....

We did catch her quickly. It took longer to catch the simple one, who doesn't recognize her owners when she's outside.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            Yeah, that had entered my mind briefly too.

The Gutterdome - Four minds enter, no minds leave.

Rapscallion

Comment

yes, that would be navy SEALS. i had the 'priviledge' of meeting some their 'filles du jour' which left me further unimpressed with them.

seals and skunks (imagines that cross...)

pets are great, the owners, not so much.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I hear you on that; I used to work in a pet unit and there were some people there who came in to buy pets that I just wished I could have refused to serve. The only people we were allowed to refuse were the nutty people (like the guy who went to petshops to buy rabbits... to eat) and the snake people who bought live rodents for their snakes, despite the fact that's illegal. But having to sell a poor little guinea pig to some cretin who didn't have a clue was just horrible. You try to give them stacks of info but you don't know if it's going to stick.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
                  I came home one evening to find DH on the phone, and the bedroom window open, no screen, and two cats missing from inventory. I told DH, "If you lost the cat with the $400 rectum, your life won't be worth that much." I'd just paid to have some kind of hernia repaired in her, well, you know....

We did catch her quickly. It took longer to catch the simple one, who doesn't recognize her owners when she's outside.
                  I've had to chase my $4000 kitty before. He's not very smart....

($4000 was because his blocked UT resulted in complications and further surgery was needed. He's only 6 and is the loviest orange cat ever; he's indoor only and could easily live another 10-12 years so I just think of it in terms of cost per year and it's much better value than, say, my student loans...)

Comment

Working...
                  X