Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate people who skip in line! They always give you the same excuse.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth iradney View Post
    Ugh, that happened to me a couple days ago. Popped off to Woolworths to get lunch, standing in the queue.

"Queue jumping BITCH!" and then finished my transaction. *feels ashamed*

Woolworth's? Are they still in business? In Florida, they are all but gone here, but I sure do miss having them around.

I actually did something about an LJ I had when I was in Montgomery, Alabama a few years back. I had a roll of film I wanted to get developed at the local Walgreen's, so I did the one hour thing. Took it there, filled out the envelope, and that was that. A little over an hour later, I came back and stood in line with about three people in front of me. I waited, no big deal. When it was my turn and I heard the clerk say "Next", the woman behind me bopped right in front of me, saying, "Yes, I have an order to pick up!" Well, I said, "No, maam, I have an order to pick up before yours, being I was in front of you in line, and you will wait your turn!" This lady was blushing redder than a tomato and actually left the photo counter to go hide. I don't like hurting people's feelings, but she had to have known what she was doing, then gets upset when I tell her this.

Comment

All the Woolworth's around here closed in 1991. My dad used to work there.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I just remembered one from highschool. I was a freshman and people had a habit of pushing past my friend and I in the lunch line.

One day I got fed up and threw a senior into the lockers at the back of the line and informed the line that I was tired of getting shoved and cut in front of. I'm just as hungry as you. Didn't really work but it looked cool and made me feel better.

Guy I threw didn't retaliate.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
          Woolworth's? Are they still in business?
          They are in the UK. Since iradney used the term "queue" I'm going out on a limb and guessing s/he is in UK.
          Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
          TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Iradney's in South Africa. We still have some Woolies in the UK, though, one even in my local town.

Rapscallion

Comment

the worst / best expierance i had with LJ's was when i was buying my cigarettes from a supermarkets service desk. it was my turn and and the female (calling her a woman is an injustice to the woman of this world) behind me darted forward and started blurting out her order.
              i stepped forward and said "i believe i was next.. i'll have such and such"

once i got my cigarettes i went to the newsagent next door and brought the paper, and as i was walking out who do i see but the line jumper?

she had the nerve to say to me "it was rude what you just did". i responded with "yeah it's rude to jump the line"
              The mere fact that we have the flamethrower means that someone, somewhere once said "You know, I'd really like to set those customers over there on fire, but don't possess the means to do it"

Comment

Working...
              X