Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's also hilarious as heck when the victim of the booting threatens to call the police if you don't take it off THIS INSTANT!!!

I can think of several reasons why that won't work.....
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
      I love Parking Wars.

Watching the marathon on A&E right now.
      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        Ever see Parking Wars? (whoa, now that's some drama! ) Cars are booted before they are towed, to ensure the car is still there when the tow truck arrives. You also have cases of booted cars being legitimately parked when found, but they have a lot of outstanding tickets. Booting the car ensures someone will (hopefully) pay the fines so they can release the car.
        Ah, well then, that's different. I've never been booted, involuntarily towed (a broken-down car is another story), or even ticketed for my parking, so I'm picturing someone parked in a reserved space (handicapped, for instance) or in a No Parking zone like in front of a driveway or something. Yes, I can be dense sometimes... and in cases like this, it's not even faked.
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
          ^^^^Actually it took a bunch of thinking to come up with the no-driver's licence excuse. A bunch of ODD thinking, but nevertheless.....
          Actually, there is a way, in the US, to be able to drive without having a license.

It takes jumping through a massive number of hoops, disconnecting yourself from a large number of different agencies and services, and then only operating your vehicle on private or non-federally-funded roadways.

I used to know someone who'd done it, but by that point, he went everywhere by horse because it was less hassle.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X