This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your best isn't good enough

This man checked into his home and there was apparently rat droppings all over the place. I offered to move him but the place had the water turned off to keep the pipes from freezing up. I told him it would be a couple of hours before we could have the water turned on because our on call technician was working on another issue. He screams that it's unacceptable and says he is a doctor and if he were on call and had a patient dying of a heart attack, he could not leave them waiting that long. He said he would sue us if he had to wait that long for water. I said I was doing the best I could and he snapped, "your best isn't good enough" We finally got the water turned on but he was not letting this go. He demanded a full refund for the inconvenience of being two hours without water and then demanded a meeting with the entire staff at "4 PM sharp" and would report to corporate the names of anyone who didn't attend. The guy didnt get his precious meeting but did get an assload of money back. What a jerk!

What an absolutely terrible corruption of a great quote from a great movie. *sigh*

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I love the comparison he made - patient dying from a heart attack and an entitlement asshat without water for two hours - oh yeah, same thing!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

What I noticed was the "I'm a doctor" statement! As if he were saying, "I'm GOD. You WILL do what I say!"

Why does it seem that MD's are some of the biggest entitlement wh*res?

"Entire staff meeting at 4pm sharp!" Who does he think he is, YOUR boss?

What an a$$.
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth at_your_service View Post
          This man checked into his home and there was apparently rat droppings all over the place.
          Ya gotta admit, though, that having rat poop all over the place is pretty gross. Although Dr. Jerk's tantrum went to the point of ridiculous (life and death did not hang in the balance) I can understand him being upset to find such "stuff" in what should have been a cleaned house.

Was his refund for the rat poop or for the lack of water?
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth at_your_service View Post
            I told him it would be a couple of hours before we could have the water turned on because our on call technician was working on another issue.
            So basically, the on-call technician was suppose to drop everything he was doing to come and turn this guy's water on? What if the tech was trying to revive a heart attack patient?
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
              Was his refund for the rat poop or for the lack of water?
              Please, please, pleasepleaseplease, tell me he got all his money back....

And then shoved out the door. A retroactive ban on his medical ass.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                What I noticed was the "I'm a doctor" statement! As if he were saying, "I'm GOD. You WILL do what I say!"
                Reminds me of a joke:

A famous doctor dies one brisk autumn morning. Millions mourn one of the world's most dedicated life-savers. The president declares a national holiday in the deceased's honor.

This brave soul awakens to find himself in Heaven... well, actually, just outside of heaven. There's a bit of a line, you see; it seems as though St. Peter has been having a difficult time these past few years with an SS (sucky soul) who won't get the hint (sorry if I'm being redundant).

Now, the doctor gets it into his non-corporeal head that, hey, he's one of the world's most famous doctors. He saved thousands of lives and made research contributions that will save millions more in the years to come. And let's not forget, he's a DOCTOR for crying out loud! Why should he have to wait in line?

So he shoves his way to the front of the line to confront St. Peter. "I don't know what kind of a place you're trying to run, but I am one of the world's most famous doctors, and you will let me into Heaven NOW!"

St. Peter sighs heavily, glares right at the doctor and says, "Sir, I don't particularly care if you performed Mary's c-section. You're not getting through that door until it is your turn!"

The now-quite-flustered doctor leaves in a huff and resumes his position at the end of the line.

A few minutes (perhaps days? weeks?) later, he notices another individual walking up to the front of the line. This must clearly have been one of the doctor's colleagues; the man is dressed up in surgical scrubs, complete with mask. The surgeon marches right up to the pearly gates, where St. Peter gives him a warm handshake and leads him through the main entrance.

Now shocked and insulted (and still somewhat flustered), the doctor runs right up to St. Peter and gets all up in his face. "I saw what you did! Here I am, the world's greatest doctor. I'm a goddamned hero, and you make me wait in line like a nobody. But that idiot comes barging in like he owns the place, and you just let him in?"

St. Peter looks at the doctor and says, "Who? Oh. That was God. Sometimes he likes to pretend he's a doctor."
                "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

so wait, he bitched and moaned because he had to go a full 120 minutes without water? why did he need water so badly?
                  Unfortunately, it's mostly surgeons who think they're all that - i have yet to see a GP throw his weight around...
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Even going back to his own faulty analogy, the person on call was already working on something else. Keeping things as simple as possible, does a doctor already tending one patient who's just had a heart attack drop everything to go see another?
                    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                      I love the comparison he made - patient dying from a heart attack and an entitlement asshat without water for two hours - oh yeah, same thing!
                      And there you have it. All these years I have been telling myself, "Don't take this job so seriously, its just retail. No one's life depends on this."
                      But apparently customer service is now indeed the equivalent of a matter of LIFE AND DEATH.
                      Oh man. And I thought I was stressed before.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
                        St. Peter looks at the doctor and says, "Who? Oh. That was God. Sometimes he likes to pretend he's a doctor."
                        Reminds me of a shorter joke:

What's the difference between a doctor and God?

God doesn't think he's a doctor.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                        X