Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm usually quite surprised when somebody remembers me, even if I'm somewhat of a regular!

DH has a few accounts at a credit union in town. I have one account there, only because it's more convenient than my regular CU to cash/deposit small checks that I occasionally receive. I had not been in there in over 6 months, and I went in to cash a check. I was digging out my account card and IDs before going up to the counter, and the teller said, "That's ok, I know who you are." Yeah, it's a smallish town, but that blew my mind!
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Lol. Everyone in my village knows who I am; if I go down the road for smokes or milk, I nearly always end up having a chat with the cashier cuz we've seen each other down the pub a lot. Happens a lot in small villages; anyone who moves into one from a large town is often surprised about the inner knowledge. XD

In the petrol station where I work, there are a few regulars; it's just that as I mentioned before, the ones who go all, "I can't believe you don't remember me!" are always those people who pop in once a fortnight, if that, and seem to think that you should instantaniously remember their faces. -.- The real regulars don't expect that; then again, those are always van, lorry, taxi etc drivers who tend to treat the petrol station staff a hell of a lot better, so we have a good reason to remember them.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I know some of our regular customers, but those are the ones that I see about once a week over the course of the nine years I've worked at the wholesale club.

To those douchenozzles who have come into the store for the third time in as many weeks, and those were their first three trips to our store ever? Sorry, but my memory can be horrible. No lie, when I was in school, I found out at the end of the school year that I'd been sitting next to one of my neighbors all year long. I hadn't noticed. So yeah.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm good with faces. Names and dates I'm terrible.

I'm also not very good with voices.

But for some reason I will get calls from people who are genuinely hurt that I don't know who they are when they say "hey" and no "this is..."

Or when they say "This is Joe from I suck, Inc." me "Ok" "yeah so we're going to need delivery..." Me "What job is this?"

Comment

Hey, I liked that movie!

I had one like that once. Teenage girl, 18 by maybe two months, coming through my line to buy cigarettes. The first time she did it, she had her younger brother with her, so I carded him too. She started yelling at me, he made gagging faces at the thought of smoking, and their aunt, one checkout lane over, told the girl to lay off me. I sold her the cigarettes anyway, but told her that next time maybe she wouldn't want to have someone underage clearly shopping with her to avoid that problem. She gave me an attitude, but left.

At least a month later, I had her come through my line again, though I didn't recognize her. This time, she ran a debit card as credit, and the register prompted for signature comparison. Her signature didn't match the card because it was her mom's, so I carded her to match surnames at least. She starts in, "I always have problems with you when I come in!" and keeps whining and pitching a fit while I finish out her transaction and let her know that maybe next time, she'll want to use her own card or get her mom's PIN number so she won't have this problem. She complained to the MOD about me, but he backed me up and told her she shouldn't be shopping with her mom's card if she doesn't want to be carded.

What got me was the, "I always have problems with you!" That was her second (and last) time ever coming through my checkout lane. Like she was some sort of royalty I should've recognized and kowtowed to.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I rather liked the "Quick! Change the Channel!" part. The reaction was what made it great.

I've had a couple of customers do this to me. Most got angry, the rest understood...

Annnnnd a lot of them tried theft at the same time. (What are you talking about?!?!? You checked me ouuuuut.... that's my computerrrrrrrrrr!!!)

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                Hey, I liked that movie!
                I was beginning to think I was the only one! But then, I have a thing for Jean-Claude Van Damme, too....
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  I was beginning to think I was the only one! But then, I have a thing for Jean-Claude Van Damme, too....
                  Woohoo, I'm not the only one!
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Yeah, at the hotel there is maybe a dozen people I recognize well enough that I can check them in without ID... those are the people in bring in nearly $10k each a year for us...
                    Anyone other than those few, I may recognize you, but don't be surprised when I need your ID and credit card.
                    The relay center is great too... there are those people who get upset when you verify whether or not they want another call and say "how many times do I have to tell you people I never make more than one call at a time"... well, let's see, we have 300 interpreters in our department and over 45,000 profiles for users... umm... you do the math.
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

How can you call yourself a fan of the movie if you haven't played the game? Yes, that is a game, based on a movie based on a game. Draw your own conclusions.

...But the arcade version was even worse.

Comment

Quoth Tiberious View Post
                        How can you call yourself a fan of the movie if you haven't played the game? Yes, that is a game, based on a movie based on a game. Draw your own conclusions.

...But the arcade version was even worse.
                        Oh but that game was so awful and unplayable! O.o It should be excised from history forever!

Played it once, thought it was shite, and went right back to Streetfighter 2.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I tend to remember customers for only two reasons, they really annoy the hell out of me, or they are super friendly and nice. Sadly for me I remember about 98% of the people because of the first one not the second reason.

Comment

I had a customer the other day call specifically asking for me. The reason - two years ago I started his policy (well I think I did - I didn't bother getting any details from SC) and he was just wanting to enquire about the premium!
                            the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Working...
                            X