Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind at all when customers give me a fake number (and in fact, some of the supposedly 'fake' numbers I get end up being real!).

What got me going with this SC was that he made such a big deal about how he had totally figured me out and was so much smarter than me (oh yeah; he said it like it was personal) that he could give me a fake number.

That was not about to fly.
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

I like the people who don't update their phone numbers with me, so when I do need to contact them about something I can't, and then they get all mad that I didn't call.

Comment

Back when I was still on dialup, I used to give out the number for the other line, which was only used by the computer. They'd either get no answer, or a busy signal.

Once I got off dialup, I dropped the second line. Now I either politely refuse to give it out (unless it's actually needed, like if the place needs to call me about an order I placed), or I give them the number for the voicemail system at my job if they insist.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

What if you don't have a phone? Can you not get film done there if you don't have a phone?

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
            What if you don't have a phone? Can you not get film done there if you don't have a phone?
            Good point, and one that I had forgotten all about.

When I moved into my first apartment, money was so tight, I didn't even have a phone for about the first six months. I wonder what would have happened if I had ever bought something from one of those places that insisted on having a phone number?
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I usually give out my DSL line number. I don't answer it and the number is in the book with my name. The only thing hooked to it, is my DSL modem and it's not going to answer. I never give out my home number and I give my cell number to Dr.'s, pharmacy, etc.,. My main home phone is a POTS and I don't have any extra services on it, heck you can't even dial long distance.
              Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
              X