This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacation rental nazis 5

A guy calls the day before he is supposed to arrive and wants to cancel because he heard on the news that it wouldn't be good beach weather (the forecast called for rain). I told him he could cancel if he wanted but there would be no refund. He says that is unacceptable because he is coming down here for the beach and if he can't go to the beach, there is no point in coming. I told him we have no control over the weather and he can't get a refund because it is going to rain. He then said he was promised good weather. Apparently, I had talked to this gentleman before and he asked if we guarantee good weather. Not thinking that anyone could possibly be serious with a question like that, I jokingly said we do. Since then I have had others ask me that and I say no and the guest says "I was only kidding" I tell them I figured that but to be on the safe side, I have to act like they're serious. The moral of the story: never assume a customer is joking even if you're 99.9% sure because there is the 0.01% who really are that dumb

What? You don't have that little switch behind your desk labelled "rainy" and "sunny"? Well gawd, you're completely worthless, aren't you?

Comment

I can recal a few summers ago making the 4 hour trek down to Oak Island to the beach house for a week of sun and fun . . . only to have rain for 4 1/2 days of the trip.

Did we whine about it? Nope. Went and rented movies, played board games, went out shopping and rode the ferry boat to Fort Fisher to vist the Civil War museum and the NC Aquarium during our week.

We did, however, return a day early (Saturday evening instead of Sunday.) All in all, a rainy day at the beach is better than a GOOD day at work.

When will people learn this?
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth at_your_service View Post
        He says that is unacceptable because he is coming down here for the beach and if he can't go to the beach, there is no point in coming.
        Well, then he should demand a refund from the beach as well. Then go to the supervisor of the weather and throw a temper tantrum to get extra coupons.

Seriously, blaming a hotel for the weather? Whenever we go on vacation, (granted we have easy access to the internet), we are constantly checking the weather for that area ('cause, you know . .. the weather CHANGES CONSTANTLY!!)
        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
          All in all, a rainy day at the beach is better than a GOOD day at work.

When will people learn this?
          Rational, logical people already know. Sucky people, however? NEVER!!!!!!!!!
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We get this kind of stuff all the time.

"We thought the Keys are supposed to be sunny!"

Well, folks, this is the TROPICS. Meaning you will get a lot of sun, a lot of wind, a lot of rain, and a lot of no clue as to when will be what. As they say, if you don't like the weather here, wait five minutes.

Some people forget that the phrase "tropical storm" has anything to do with, oh, I don't know, BEING IN THE TROPICS!

And I am so over tourons asking me when the rain is going to stop. I am a bartender, a waiter, a DJ, a magician, and an all around greaty guy, sure, but I am NOT a FREAKIN' METEOROLOGIST!

I tell you, these idjits are stupif. Just stupif.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester, we have the same saying out here in ol' Colorado. It's not uncommon to have snow one day, then weather in the 50's or 60's the next. (This is particularly true in the high country.) Although since most of our tourism comes from skiers and snowboarders, I've yet to hear anybody but the locals complain about the snow.
              Haikus are easy
              But sometimes they don't make sense
              Refrigerator

Comment

Color me stupid, but the Caribbean was still fun even in a downpour. Heck, you could tell which people from the boat were from Oregon: we were the crazy people walking like it wasn't monsooning

Besides, even if the weather's bad, there's still "indoor sports"

Comment

When I went to Hawaii last year, it rained most of the time - but it was still freakin' HAWAII! It was amazing there - it could be pouring on one side of the island and sunny and dry on the other - it's some kind of geological phenomenon that I did not pay attention to in that class...

But still, it was Hawaii!
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X