Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I realized the shift was concession, I shoulda just stayed home!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I realized the shift was concession, I shoulda just stayed home!

Yesterday I had just gotten off work, and right as I was pulling into the driveway, I got a text from an employee asking me if I wanted to work for them, meaning I would go back in a couple of hours. I needed more hours, since alot of my hours come from employees who let me work for them, so I said yes. Had I known what I was getting myself into, I probably would've stayed home.
    There is Large and Medium (when someone asks for a small we try to sell a medium cup, don't ask why, this is just what we were trained to do) Then we have a small that is only sold in something we call a Cameo Combo, which is the small drink and small popcorn. Last is the kids cup which is only sold in kids packs.
    The first or second customer I got started complaining that he only wanted a small, and I explained to him this is only in the Cameo Combo, so he gets a medium drink. Now we come to the part where customers don't read the coupons He hands me a 50 cent off coupon, which is only good for 50 cents off a combo, (Cameo Combo not included). This is after I had made his drink, and I told him the coupon is only good for combos. So he hands me the drink and storms off.
    When the next customer asked me how I was doing, I told them, "I'm fine, so long as you don't complain the way that guy did." Probably shouldn't have done that, but I don't like starting off a shift that way 5 minutes after I walk through the door. I then noticed the customer standing at a distance and looking at me, and I'm pretty sure he overheard what I said.
    He also went to another cashier and told them he didn't want to deal with me Hey, whatever, pal. Like I give a fuck. And its then that my coworker tells me that he had decided to get a Cameo Combo.
    Later I had a customer ask for a courtesy cup for his bottle of water, the tiny little dixie cups that we have for the customers. I couldn't find any, and of course the customer feels the need to question me, asking me, "Are you sure you don't have any?"
    When I tell him no and I'm sorry, he tells me just to go ahead and give him a big cup. When I tell him he'll have to pay full price for it, he says he doesn't care. Ok, this guy is a complete idiot. Money is very tight right now, and he wants to throw away his money like that? What is wrong with just drinking it out of the bottle?
    Like I said before, I shoulda just stayed home, but at least it was a short 4 hour shift, and time went by pretty quick.

Dude, if you were serving me and told me you were fine as long as I didn't bitch, I'd walk away and get someone else to serve me too.... It's one thing to bitch about a sucky customer, it's completely different to then give the next customer attitude because of it. Just my two cents.
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
      Y
      When I tell him no and I'm sorry, he tells me just to go ahead and give him a big cup. When I tell him he'll have to pay full price for it, he says he doesn't care. Ok, this guy is a complete idiot. Money is very tight right now, and he wants to throw away his money like that? What is wrong with just drinking it out of the bottle?
      Personally I do not the problem with this guy. If he wants to waste his money, then more power to him.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
        Dude, if you were serving me and told me you were fine as long as I didn't bitch.
        That is one of those things that may depend on tone of voice... I know I've before at the hotel had people come up and ask how I was doing and respond back "that all depends on how complicated your request is" with a cheering tone of voice, wink, and smile and they know that it's a joke.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

That's exactly the way I am to all customers, even if they are rude and nasty. I never have and never will take it out on the next customer, and I remain polite and curteous. If a customer happens to make me very angry, then I will excuse myself for a few minutes and try to regain my composure.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
            .... It's one thing to bitch about a sucky customer, it's completely different to then give the next customer attitude because of it.
            I think the OP realizes that, which is why he said that he "Probably shouldn't have done that".

He's just venting about a bad day, mistakes and all. Let's drop this line of discussion, please.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

ouch, sounds like you had a sucky day, have some fresh baked shortbread!
              "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
              Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Working...
              X