This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F*#k Toe!

So I still don't know what the reference from the title is supposed to mean, but I'm assuming the "lady" that called my manager this over the phone knows what she meant... What led up to this odd insult though, well here you go:

(Background) At the retail store I work at we have a strict policy of not holding paid items for guests. If they buy something that's too big, we have to return it, and they can re-buy it when they come back with a bigger vehicle. This is mainly to limit our liability because technically it is no longer our property.

So we have these 4 ladies come in, knowing they want patio furniture and a grill, they're using a one day 10% reward, however, they come in a midsize car that can only manage to fit the grill! So we explain the poilcy, and they understand, so they agree that one of them (the pregnant lady of all choices) will stay with the furniture until they return with the truck, okay sounds good.

Fast forward to 30 mins before close, we've been busy and we get a call that they wont be able to pick up the furniture and they'll be back in the morning, thanks! They had come back, gotten the pregnant lady and driven off! Before they hang up, our manager informs them that we will be returning the items left behind, because of said poilicy and if they'd like to re-buy it in the morning they could, however with out the 10% off because it'd been used today, haha. So now the pregnant lady must've been the ringmaster because she gets on the phone, calls the manager a "fuck toe" as previously mentioned and just about every other name in the book and wants every number to call and complain.

In the end, the furniture is being returned, they won't be getting the 10%, we may be telling them we're sold out of said furniture (we hid it off the sales floor), and I really wish I could be there in the morning to see it go down, however I'll have to hear this afternoon how it goes. But I was just so happy the manager stuck to her guns, and punished them for the sneakiness.

Please update after they come back.

Comment

I will have to admit... I've never heard that insult before.

Though I may start using it.
      There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Perhaps fuck toe is another part of the camel.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Fuck toe = finger 11 = dick?
          To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
          my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
            Fuck toe = finger 11 = dick?
            LMAO...that...could...be...it. Fuck toe....*snerk*
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

2 - 10 - 11, eyes - fingers - toes?

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                2 - 10 - 11, eyes - fingers - toes?
                Ah, the old combination to the vault. Well played, old man!
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

maybe she meant "f*(k 'tard? Its one of my favorites, esp @ other drivers....
                  I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

i tried to google it to see if maybe it was some new slang
                    but all i got back was xxx links involving feet

Comment

Haha, some nice explanations above. Sadly, they still haven't shown up, and we've been unable to return it w/o their presence so the issue is still unsolved, but I'm wondering when we can authorize it as abandonment and resell the items to other people

Comment

Working...
                      X