Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The three brothers from Nunavut (language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The three brothers from Nunavut (language)

This started as a pretty typical phone call but devolved very quickly into GK territory.

Me: Opening spiel
    Brother 1: Yes, I'd like to book a room for the 18th.
    Me: *Asks for last name, first name, and telephone number*
    B1: *Provides the relevant information*
    Me: What's your address?
    B1: Uh...here talk to my brother.

B2: Can you start all over?
    Me: *asks for first name and phone number*
    B2: *provides all the info*
    Me: What's your address?
    B2: Hold on. Here let me pass this to our brother, Chris

Oh good I don't have to start all over. I have most the info.

Me: What's the address?
    B3: *starts giving a real sounding address* No wait, it's 1113 Fuck You Fag lane
    Me: *click*

OK, to their credit, they're not from Nunavut, but a quick google of the area code puts them in Vancouver, BC.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Seems like kind of a lame prank call to me.

Comment

Ugh. Prank callers. They're interesting, but annoying. Kind of like a self lighting firecracker. You want to play with it.. but you know it's gonna hurt. :P

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
        Kind of like a self lighting firecracker.
        Self lighting firecracker? Where?

Anyway...back on topic. That seems rather pitiful for a prank call....I mean, really, a little creativity makes it much more tolerable for the person who has to listen to their stupid little spiel.
        <WARNING> THIS MINION IS COMPLETELY INSANE </WARNING>
        This Minion brought to you by superhotelworker.

Comment

There must not have been much goin' on in Vancouver that night, guess that happens when hockey season is over.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

They made an international call just for a prank? Wow, that's dedication.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              They made an international call just for a prank? Wow, that's dedication.
              That's assuming that the number they provided was the same number they were calling from. We don't have caller ID.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

It's too bad that you don't. There would be a myriad of fun and evil things you could do with that number to get revenge on the arseholes!
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Am I dating myself if I said the first thing I thought of was "Hi, I'm Larry. This is my brother Darrel, and my other brother Daryl."
                  That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
                    Am I dating myself if I said the first thing I thought of was "Hi, I'm Larry. This is my brother Darrel, and my other brother Daryl."
                    Yes.

But I thought the same thing.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Prank Calls = Lame

Straight line equation.

Had a kid start calling the Hut of Pizza one night.

One of the "clever" ones who would repeat everything you say until you got flustered, or lost your temper. He would then giggle and hang up.

He got me, by process of elimination.

Me: "Thank you for calling Hut of Pizza, will this be for delivery or carry out?"

Clever Boy: "Thank you for calling Hut of Pizza, will this be for delivery or carry out?" Said with the appropriate sarcastic tone of voice.

Just to be sure, we do it again.

Me: "Thank you for calling Hut of Pizza, will this be for delivery or carry out?"

Clever Boy: "Thank you for calling Hut of Pizza, will this be for delivery or carry out?" Said with the appropriate sarcastic tone of voice.

Hm. And again. And then again.

Finally I said, in a bored, matter-of-fact tone, "Annoying little c*cksucker, ain't ya?"

Clever Boy: "Annoying little c*cksu . . . HEY! You can't talk to ME like that!"

Me: "Oh? How come?"

Clever Boy: "Well, because, I'll, uh. . . I'll KICK YOUR ASS!"

Me: "Kick my ass. Yeah, yeah. Look, kid, run along and hump somebody else's leg, okay?"

Clever Boy: "But, but you can't . . . but . . . I'll KICK YOUR. . . "

Me: "That's the spirit!" <click>

Good times.
                      I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

I love it when Uncle Tony tells that story, that and the one about incompetent managers that included the line "shipping the swag home in boxcars!"
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X