Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't care what Daddy says, YOU'RE TOO YOUNG!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care what Daddy says, YOU'RE TOO YOUNG!!!

We had the Iron Maiden concert last night. Well, the bar didn't have it, but the crowd started pouring in after it finished. While most of the weekend report will be in a thread over on Fratching,, one incident stands out.

We closed our show entrance at 1am the way we usually do. When we do, no more minors can enter the bar.

Me: Door security and at-home drink scientist.
    M: Minor.
    BF: Boyfriend. Only added for the sake of keeping the letter count down.

(M and BF walk up. BF has a very slight beer tinge to him, but otherwise is walking normally and speaking clearly. One beer in the past hour.)

M: Hi, sweetie!
    (Sweetie? Oh, thank Chaos my girlfriend isn't here tonight!)
    M: How're you doing tonight?
    Me: It's an alright night right now. IDs?
    (They show me their IDs. Oops, M was born in December of '89. Sorry.)
    Me (to M): Sorry, I can't let you in.
    M: Aww, whyyyy?
    Me: You're under 21. We've already closed our show entrance, so I won't be able to let you in.
    M: But everyplace else let me in with this ID!
    (The fuck?)
    Me: What're the names of these places, just out of curiosity?
    M: I... I don't remember.
    (Might have been BF's hotel room for all I know! I look over at BF and explain to him also, mentioning the penalty for a minor in a bar, and he nods.)
    M: Oh, alright... You have a good night!
    Me: You too. You guys have a good night, okay?
    (M and BF walk off. Thank Skippy.)

If they did come from another bar, then I could probably figure out why they let her in anyway: The numbers on the ID were just... tiny. I had to strain to read them, but what I picked up as a '9' probably appeared to be an '8' to someone else.
    Last edited by ZedOmega; 06-15-2010, 02:32 AM.
    My other car is a Mackinaw.

Least they were nice, ish. And sweetie? That's kind of like getting called Baby by a guest when my BF can hear. Though he laughs.. it's usually nobody I wanna be called baby by. Yech.

And your numbers are tiny? Our state started making the birthdates bigger.

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
      And your numbers are tiny? Our state started making the birthdates bigger.
      It wasn't a Texas ID. It was... I think a Nebraska ID?

Comment

Isn't it kinda odd to be called sweetie by someone younger than you? Just seems....strange.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I'm convinced that some folks who check IDs only pay attention to the birth YEAR and not the date. I'll admit the year is usually the first thing I look at and then if it the math lines up on that, I check the date.
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Isn't it kinda odd to be called sweetie by someone younger than you? Just seems....strange.
            My last coworker called everyone sweetie, even though she was barely 18.

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
            I'm convinced that some folks who check IDs only pay attention to the birth YEAR and not the date. I'll admit the year is usually the first thing I look at and then if it the math lines up on that, I check the date.
            Same here. I love the people that think that works though. That's when I scan it. If a coworker is in the room I motion over for them to listen to the register.

"Hey coworker! Watch this underage man trying to buy beer/cigs!"

*Scan ID*
            REGISTER: STOOOOOOOOOP!!! UNDERAGE! ILLEGAL SALE!! (Loud enough to tell whole store).

ME: *smiling* No deal bro....

Then again, I remember when I went into a bar little after I turned 21 I was refused because I was underage. I had to explain to man that this was Janary of 2006, and my birthday was Oct 84, so I was 21...
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              Then again, I remember when I went into a bar little after I turned 21 I was refused because I was underage. I had to explain to man that this was Janary of 2006, and my birthday was Oct 84, so I was 21...
              I had something similar once. It was July 2002, My bday is June 1984. This guy had to check his cell phone calender to verify I was 18

Granted it was the next month, but since it was the 4th of July you'd have thought he'd figure that it wasn't June anymore and I was alright.

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
                It wasn't a Texas ID. It was... I think a Nebraska ID?
                I hate Nebraska ID's. The print on those things are tiny!
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

It actually brightened my night a little, considering the EWs I had to deal with that night.

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                  It's actually the first thing anyone should check, to be honest. But if the year was '89, you'd need to look at the month next, then the day. We had some '89s that night who were born before June, so they checked out.

Comment

Oh, Plaid, I wish my register screamed at underage people! All it does when I scan an ID is either go through with the sale, or pop up with a screen saying they are underage. That's if the ID scans. Half the time they don't. As for the OP, good for you for following, oh, let's see...THE LAW! I, myself, am a stickler about the alcohol/tobacco/lottery sales at work. Five or six stings passed, thank you. Now, off to read that thread in fratching...
                    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Well, he thinks they were from some place like Nebraska, so it's highly likely it's just the way they say things there.

Like how in the south, everybody calls everyone "honey."

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I know Kentucky's license in order to help ID faster, if they're under 21 they're license is vertical, and over 21 they are horizontal. Kind of a quick flash type thing. And its been awhile but I think if they're under 18 its in big red print on the top of the license. Most of those securities went into effect after I was 21 so I never saw them.

Comment

Working...
                        X