X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely clueless tourist season

*Ring Ring!*

Me: [opening spiel]
    SC: Yeah, I'm in DC and wondering where you're at.
    Me: Um, this is Washington STATE, not DC.
    SC: But if I'm leaving and going north to New York on (some highway), what locations do you have around there?
    Me: I'm not sure, since I'm in Washington STATE, not DC, but if you call our central reservations, they can help you.
    SC: You don't know?
    Me: No. Our corporate number can help you better than I can.
    SC: Can you transfer me to them?
    Me: Sorry, I can't do that from here. But I can give you their number.
    SC: Nah, that's okay. I'll just call this other location. *CLICK*

I have a feeling that somewhere, another motel in Washington STATE is getting a call asking about Washington DC.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Wow...Just wow.

Reminds of the time I was playing a train game and I had to make a delivery to Portland, ME but I ended up in Portland, OR instead.

Comment

i used to get that a lot when people asked what state i was from, "washington state," "oh! dc?" *facepalm* "no, washington STATE."

how can anyone confuse a state with a district?? wtf?
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Whenever someone ends a sentence with "where you're at", you know the rest of the conversation is going to go downhill fast.

And if this person is going from DC to NY, why would he call someplace in "DC" (ha!) if he wanted a reservation near NY?

Comment

Quoth Gidgetdigit View Post
          And if this person is going from DC to NY, why would he call someplace in "DC" (ha!) if he wanted a reservation near NY?
          Because it's closer than Washington State???
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

If it's tourist season how come we can't shoot them?

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
              If it's tourist season how come we can't shoot them?
              You didn't buy a tourist hunting license.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Really we should just create 2 states out of washington, rename the western half seattle. Because any time I told people I was from washington I just got a blank stare, but seattle oh yeah they know where that is. And eastern washington can be renamed Spokane, (maybe we can pronounce it Spoh-caine)
                It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

I confess. There was a time when I thought Washington State and Washington, DC were the same. But then, that was when I was 4 years old and just starting to learn the states.
                  Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

There was a time I didn't even know Washington state existed....

.... but then, I'm not American. And once I started playing train games (etc), I learned that there were two 'Washingtons' in the USA quickly enough.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Actually don't a lot of states have Washingtons? I was thinking that maybe they would end up calling one of those small ones instead...
                      Began work Aug as casual '08
                      Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
                      Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
                      Why do I still work there again?

Comment

According to Wikipedia over half of the states have a place named Washington.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Washington State has a lot of goofy place names (Humptulips, Pe Ell, Puyallup, Dosewallips, Sedro Woolley to name a few) but my favorite is the town of George.

Yup.

George, WA 98824. http://www.ci.george.wa.us/

There used to be a truck stop that called itself Martha but it's gone now.

When I was overseas in Peace Corps the confusion of DC vs State was ubiquitous. Every African has an acquaintance living in DC. I met a fierce-looking guy wearing tribal clothes with a huge knife in his belt while riding a riverboat down the Niger River to Timbuktu. He asked me in French what state in the USA I was from. I replied, in broken French, that I was from Washington, "But not DC, a state on the West Coast, next to Canada". He blew me away by saying "Ah! Oui oui! Boeing! Seattle! Puget Sound!" Turned out he was a philosophy major at the University of Mali in Bamako. So much for making assumptions based on how people look.
                          Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                          TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
                            Washington State has a lot of goofy place names (Humptulips, Pe Ell, Puyallup, Dosewallips, Sedro Woolley to name a few).........

Don't forget Sequim!

(And no, it doesn't rhyme with "sequin"! )

Mike
                            Meow.........

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
                              George, WA
                              *blink, blink, holds head* OWW!!! I just figured that out! Must get the horrible joke out of my head!
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X